I Give Up Trying to BUY From SS

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Cliffy
Gold Member

I Give Up Trying to BUY From SS

Post by Cliffy »

Had problems for weeks trying to get an order in
(I have a new address in a new neighborhood with new street names and their software won't accept my address)
I tried several times to phone only to be on hold for 30 mins and/or just dropped from hold hell
I read the posting last week from SS about the problems and said fine I'll wait until next week and try again
WELL NEXT WEEK IS HERE AND GUESS WHAT?
I WAS JUST ON HOLD FOR 13 MINS AND THEY KEPT ASKING IF i WANTED TO LEAVE A MESSAGE BY PUSHING BUTTON 2
ANYONE WANT TO GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?
THEY SAID THEIR MAILBOX WAS FULL SO "GOODBYE" AND THEY HUNG UP

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST SCREWED UP BUSINESS I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED
TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM SOLVED AND THEN HAND UP ON THEM WHEN THEY WANT TO BUY SOMETHING
I'VE WASTED WELL OVER AN HOUR ON HOLD JUST TRYING TO GIVE SOMEONE MONEY
STUPID STUPID STUPID
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: I Give Up Trying to BUY From SS

Post by RFGuy »

Cliffy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm (I have a new address in a new neighborhood with new street names and their software won't accept my address)
Sorry this happened to you. I moved over 10 years ago and Shopsmith still has my old address in their system for me. I have asked more than once if they could delete it, but apparently their system doesn't allow this for some reason. They have my new address on file too, but when I call customer service on the phone they always default to my old address before I correct them. Fortunately, everything I have ordered has always come to the new address, but it makes you wonder when they can't edit the system to remove my old address.

Could you order online from them instead and enter your new address, or will it not allow this?
Last edited by RFGuy on Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I am curious. Are you buying (attempting) or are you chasing status.What items are on your shopping list?

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/index.htm
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Cliffy
Gold Member

Post by Cliffy »

They have an order on site and they sent me an email about the poor communications but their site will NOT let me order online as I have a new address in a new neighborhood and their software doesn't recognize the address as a valid address.
I can't contact them by phone to order and I want to add to the order also Here's what I wanted to BUY
555608 1ea
505506 1ea
556224 1ea
505531 1ea
556146 1ea
753523 1ea

I've had several of my own businesses in my life and I NEVER let things get this far out of shape for my customers.
Its just poor business management
To be told to leave a message and then the message says MAIL BOX FULL GOODBYE?
Goodbye to a new customer who wants to give you money? Unbelievable.
Cliffy
Gold Member

Post by Cliffy »

Just to add
Today I called a guy about new gates for my yard
Left a Message
He called back in 10 mins and arrived at my house in 1 hr
Did the bid Left for office
I had the invoice in my inbox in 30 mins
Deal done He picks up a deposit in the morning
Gates custom made and installed next Wed (references prove his ability to deliver)
THATS HOW BUSINESS IS DONE
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Cliffy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:07 pm They have an order on site and they sent me an email about the poor communications but their site will NOT let me order online as I have a new address in a new neighborhood and their software doesn't recognize the address as a valid address.
I can't contact them by phone to order and I want to add to the order also Here's what I wanted to BUY
555608 1ea
505506 1ea
556224 1ea
505531 1ea
556146 1ea
753523 1ea

I've had several of my own businesses in my life and I NEVER let things get this far out of shape for my customers.
Its just poor business management
To be told to leave a message and then the message says MAIL BOX FULL GOODBYE?
Goodbye to a new customer who wants to give you money? Unbelievable.
Really. Shopsmith's software knows details about our addresses.

I moved three years ago into a neighborhood with houses still under construction all around me. I guess we were really lucky -- :)

Of course, you have verified that the address Shopsmith is trying to use is accuarte in all detail - like not the wrong ZIP or Street,Avenue,Parkway.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Cliffy
Gold Member

Post by Cliffy »

Yes I verified everything BUT TODAY I thought I'd try one last time and the website accepted everything I input
Even got an email confirmation of the order
Looks like whatever the glitch was got resolved over last night.
That still doesn't account for the poor phone response and system failures.
But at least my order went in Now all I have to do is get it delivered.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I ordered the magnetic strips for installation on the 520 tables on 1/21/2021. Received email confirmation the next day and just got online confirmation that my order has shipped.

No glitch here.

BTW I placed this order primarily as a test to see for myself just how bad the system has gotten.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

dusty wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:32 am BTW I placed this order primarily as a test to see for myself just how bad the system has gotten.
My actual mileage varied from Dusty's experience.

My order is from 11/9/2020, ten line items of which I still don't have three, roughly half measured in $US. I couldn't get through by phone, but CS was initially responsive (sort of) to emails. They split my order due to backordered items, but the items not shipped included items I expected based on the original order confirmation, and I am evidently to be charged an additional ~$13 for the split. They did not provide the new order number but they were responsive to another email asking for it.

CS has been non-responsive to emails about this order from 11/23/2020 and updated 1/9/2021. The online order status remains unchanged and uninformative. Two of the three items still not shipped are items that should have been shipped on my split order according to the original confirmation. So I'm at 10+ weeks on the order and 8+ weeks on email response.

I understand and appreciate that Shopsmith backorders items, many sellers do not. I'd like to know in advance what items are not available and estimated ship dates. I don't think customers should be charged extra for shipping or other fees for delayed items, but I can live with that if it is explained in advance so I have a choice. Failure to respond to customer queries should be as unacceptable to SS as it is to me. This is not the only order I've had in 2020 that had this level of non-responsiveness.

- David
Cliffy
Gold Member

Post by Cliffy »

Just to keep things updated
I mentioned someone emailed me about my troubles on Jan 19
I have called 3 times to the number given to me asking that I contact that person and to date I've had to leave a message each time I call and to date NO ONE HAS REPLIED to the email or the phone call THEY WANTED ME TO DO.

WHO RUNS A BUSINESS THIS WAY AND SUCEEDS?
I'm willing to bet I could double their gross sales in 90 days with little effort.
The gate guy that I eluded to previously? He has more work than he can handle just by the way he does business.
Last edited by Cliffy on Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.