Super Bowl Fly Over

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Super Bowl Fly Over

Post by jsburger »

Way cool fly over. All three of the Air Force's heavy bombers, the B-52, the B-1 and the B-2.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Super Bowl Fly Over

Post by RFGuy »

It was very cool, but quick. Would have to replay it, but I was wondering if it was the B2 or if it could possibly have been a B21 prototype instead...
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:48 pm It was very cool, but quick. Would have to replay it, but I was wondering if it was the B2 or if it could possibly have been a B21 prototype instead...
As far as I know there is no flying prototype of the B-21. It is not scheduled for deployment to the USAF until 26-27. There aren't any pictures of a physical airplane, only artist renditions. They do look like the B-2 however. Kind of like the B-52. There was every model from the B-52A through the B-52H. That is 8 versions of the same aircraft. This is not quite the same since the designation is different, B-2 vs B-21 but the air frame is VERY similar like the B-52.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Yeah, I wasn't sure, but boy that 1 second flyover was the most excitement that I have seen since the game started! Very predictable since then unfortunately.
:(
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

Here's an article on the background of the coordination and timing needed to get it exactly right.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your ... l-flyover/
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Personal I like the other flyovers of previous super bowls. Nothing like a F14 or F15 screaming across at deck level.
Watched the flyover then turned the TV to something else. Never watch Pro Football since they began disrespecting the flag, beating up on their women and started complaining they did not make enough.

College Football only for me! Now baseball, hockey and NASCAR are different stories!
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

roy_okc wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:34 am Here's an article on the background of the coordination and timing needed to get it exactly right.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your ... l-flyover/
Thanks for the link.

That was the first time all three bombers in the Air Force’s fleet have carried out such a flyover together.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT