Incra issues?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Incra issues?

Post by reible »

I placed an order for a couple of things late last week. One item arrived on Wed. and the other hasn't shown up yet and it is Friday. I had requested and paid for priority mail on both.

Since you have seen the title you can guess which one didn't arrive yet. So you might think that perhaps it was out of stock or other wise slow to get shipped...... Well Monday I got a message that it shipped. Just when back to see what day that was and to get the tracking number.

USPS says "Your package is on its way to a USPS facility." So either USPS is way behind or the shipping message from Incra was wrong or the package has been setting for days at Incra.....

I have no idea what the issues is except that I noticed that this is coming from CARROLLTON, TX. So that might explain it??

Just thought I'd point this out since others may have orders that seem to be taking more time then expected.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Incra issues?

Post by RFGuy »

Ed,

Sorry it got delayed. Maybe not an Incra issue. I have had many packages get lost, delayed, held at customs, sent back to the shipper, erroneous tracking info, etc. in the past year. It seems like all the shipping carriers are using the pandemic as an excuse for delayed shipping, even when you pay more for express. I had to contact UPS on something a couple months back and you can't even get a person to talk to and the phone system kicked me off. At the time there was a bold red message on the contact page for them basically saying not to call due to COVID slowdowns. Even though I have had issues with multiple carriers, USPS has been by far the worst this year.

By the way, certain items from Incra have very long lead times and their main website says so, or at least it did when I ordered a few weeks ago. Did you check to make sure the item in question isn't one that has a long lead time?
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Shop is only 5 degrees below my threshold for working out there but the missing items from Incra is not an issue yet. The items I ordered were not in the list of things with long lead times so I think they really did get packed up and labeled on Monday.

I don't normally think of where companies are located when I place orders, and in this case I didn't even think about the weather/power issues occurring and the delay until I went to the USPS site and saw the shipping location.

I'll wait until Monday night and it it still hasn't moved I will try and contact them.

You never know about shipping things, last spring I had ordered some 20mm polished rods, a pair of them. I got the shipping notification but weeks later they still had not arrived. I contacted the supplier and they did a trace, which never found them. They were very prompt in getting "replacements" to me so other then a slight delay things were fine.

About 8 months later I get the delivery of a package that looked like it had been to hell and back a half dozen times. The box was filthy and covered in all sorts of grime. You might have guessed it, the original order showed up. It must have had an interesting side trip. Cost more then they were worth to send them back so I now have two extras that will more then likely never get used by me.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Looks like it was a USPS issue at least partially, the box arrived today so it magically came from not being received in TX to arriving in my box in IL today.
inrs.jpg
inrs.jpg (150 KiB) Viewed 809 times
Doing a lot more metric work so it made since to get a set to match my imperial ones. I get a lot of use out of these, a really handy way to do a lot of measurements.

Ed
bainin
Platinum Member

Post by bainin »

Those are great-but man are those little holes hard to see !

I need to get a magnifier for the shop.

b
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

USPS has failed completely. I have one Priority package "somewhere" for 2 1/2 weeks now and USPS has no clue where it is. Their tracking doesn't track it. I have another package coming that was reported to be "out for delivery" at my house yesterday. It didn't arrive. Today their tracking shows that it has been in Indianapolis for a few days and hasn't left there yet. At least I know why the carrier didn't deliver it yesterday.

I think we all need to find new ways to ship that avoid USPS entirely. They are about to collapse if nothing is done.