Bridge city tools

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Re: Bridge city tools

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Loved the pallet video.
Signed the Gold Goof
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Neat looking pallet !!
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

My wife likes pallet-wood stuff. But personally, I thought the video was hilarious! Who knew that a professional redneck woodworker could do a pitch-perfect sendup of “hipsters”?
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

For anyone that is a fan of Bridge City Toolworks, they have the Jointmaker Pro v2 on sale for $675 for a limited time now. I think that is half off the regular price. Still expensive, but more attainable now if anyone is interested.

https://bridgecitytools.com/products/jm ... tmaker-pro
Jointmaker_Pro.jpg
Jointmaker_Pro.jpg (63.28 KiB) Viewed 2940 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Ahhh... the non-electric Shopsmith! These are awfully cool, especially for those who would have the right span of project dimensions to find one useful.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

nuhobby wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:35 am Ahhh... the non-electric Shopsmith! These are awfully cool, especially for those who would have the right span of project dimensions to find one useful.
Yeah, I have always been fascinated by the capabilities of this tool from Bridge City Toolworks...it allows you to make some very thin kerf lines to create curved pieces or kinetic sculptures with ease. Just wish they hadn't sold out to Harvey (Chinese company). Used to be a Portland, OR based company.

📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Came across an interesting YouTube video this morning. There's a channel for a Japanese guy that does a lot of build it yourself tools that are often quite interesting. He just posted his attempt to replicate the Bridge City Toolworks Jointmaker Pro. I always found this manual saw interesting for some applications, but could never see spending $750 for one. Also not a fan of Bridge City Toolworks ever since they sold out to a Chinese company. Might have to buy the plans for this one and put on my list of upcoming projects.

📶RF Guy

nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Thanks! I'll have to read up on that. I did some kerfing for my guitar project this year... a better jig would have helped. :)
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

nuhobby wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:47 am Thanks! I'll have to read up on that. I did some kerfing for my guitar project this year... a better jig would have helped. :)
Thanks. Yeah, I still like my power tools, but there are some operations where I can see the Jointmaker Pro exceling at. If it was maybe $200 I'd consider it, but at over $1k typically, but often $750 on sale it is just too dang expensive. Besides it could be a fun project for me to build, even if it doesn't work out...
📶RF Guy

Tyer
Silver Member

Post by Tyer »

I came across this thread while researching a tool I just bought on eBay: a Shopsmith-branded try-square, made by Bridge City Tool Works! It's a small try-square, in the classic Bridge City brass-and-hardwood style, and with the Shopsmith name and logo engraved into the blade. It came in the original box, and included the instruction manual with bot the Shopsmith and Bridge City names, and the hand-written final inspection results. I've never seen anything like this, and I've been aggressively collecting Shopsmith parts for quite a while now. Who knew?
Attachments
Shopsmith / Bridge City Try-Square
Shopsmith / Bridge City Try-Square
Shopsmith-Bridge City Square (Large).jpg (375.78 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
~~
Mark Moulding
(ShopSmith Mark V-500 w/ PowerPro headstock, lathe duplicator, Ring Master, universal tool rest; SS Bandsaw, Jointer, Jigsaw, Pro-Planer, Belt sander, Strip sander. all on separate powered stands; SS Dust collector, SS Joint-Matic, DeWalt radial arm saw, Delta table saw, Delta mortiser, Walker-Turner drill press, Rong Fu mill, South Bend lathe)