Is it just me ?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Is it just me ?

Post by RFGuy »

bainin wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:50 pm
Scott wants your input
Well, i think everyone's input is pretty clear. Nobody liked it. Maybe Scott should wade in and provide his opinion.

I actually liked that I could go to one thread and find all of Scotts video's there-the way it was before and that the most recent "new" posts
were on top of the first page - whoever they were from.

Chad - I'm sure there were good intentions here, but your cavalier attitude and brusque responses
only added fuel to the fire. Honestly, those kinds of responses only enervate me to poke the bear even more. I wont be told when I'm done extracting my pound of flesh. Sorry.

You can "not care" all you want, but perhaps there is a lesson in here for you to internalize to avoid similar lashback in the future.

You could (or Scott could) easily have asked the forums opinion before doing it and avoided the negative response, the stress and possibly even all the work you did splitting out all that content in the first place.

Something to think about.

b
+10
It is definitely odd to have a forum member who isn't really active in discussions on the forum, except to post another member's video links each week, all of a sudden post 100 new threads in 1-2 days with no warning or discussion about it then tell us he doesn't care about it or about this forum?!?! Clearly you don't care if you overload the forum for a few days for your own agenda.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Chad
Platinum Member

Post by Chad »

Now here this,
bainin & RF Guy,

I've apologized, explained my actions, and defended myself to no end. I have tried to be nice, hold my tongue, and keep anything negative that I say from reflecting back on Scott. I am now physically and mentally exhausted, and I have only myself to blame for that. I let you get to me, and that was my mistake.

HOWEVER, your mistakes are much more damaging to your own characters, and creditability with anyone who has read your most recent comments on this thread.

If you want to continue to criticize, bully, and be-little me? Well, I DO NOT PLAY GAMES.

If that's how you want to treat a equal member of this forum to make yourselves feel important and special... You'll have to find someone else to treat that way, and you will NOT continue to do that with me.

bainin: "extracting my pound of flesh" Who do you think you are?

Well, I know exactly who and what you, and RF Guy really are. And now anyone else who reads this will, too.

You have shown me, and everyone who has read your most recent comments on this thread how much you vitally depend on this forum to make yourselves feel superior to others, and what sad, little men you really are.

You remind me of the cantankerous grumpy old farts that have nothing better to do than sit around my local Woodcraft store on a Saturday morning; complaining about anything and everything that can to anyone who will listen, and in the process trying to solve all the worlds problems. I have better things to do, and my time is worth more. It makes me appreciate older woodworkers like Nick Engler more when I visit and work in his shop.

I will not respond to or entertain ANY comments from either of you, directed towards me, now, or anytime in the future. You have dug your hole. If you want to keep going deeper, well that's your choice. Neither of you are no longer worth my time. I have no use for you. If your feelings towards me are mutual, then, GREAT! I could not be happier about it! I do not, and will not have toxic people like you in my life.

bainin & RF Guy, please do not participate in any threads or posts that relate to anything to do with a MY Growth Rings video. We like a positive atmosphere with friendly discussion. Your kind is not welcome and will not be tolerated in advance.

And to anyone else who chimes in and supports their behavior, well the same goes for you, too.

That is all.

P.S. Is there a Woodcraft store in your local area? You might fit right in.
Last edited by Chad on Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:11 am, edited 9 times in total.
Chad Nevels
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1963 Shopsmith Mark V "Goldie" 1-1/8 hp Serial # 379185
    1980 Shopsmith Mark V 500
    1994 Shopsmith Mark V 510
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1994 OKUMA LB15 II OSP7000
    2017 OKUMA LB3000 EXII SPACE TURN MY OSP P300LA
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Please let it go everyone. It's over now.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
Chad
Platinum Member

Post by Chad »

edma194 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:09 pm Please let it go everyone. It's over now.
I agree. I have nothing more to say on the subject. Let's get back in the shop.
Chad Nevels
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1963 Shopsmith Mark V "Goldie" 1-1/8 hp Serial # 379185
    1980 Shopsmith Mark V 500
    1994 Shopsmith Mark V 510
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1994 OKUMA LB15 II OSP7000
    2017 OKUMA LB3000 EXII SPACE TURN MY OSP P300LA
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

+1
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I have made my feelings on this in other threads but must add to the "It is time to let it go." Yes what was done filled the Forum Subject pages but it was a one-time thing changing the format of how Scott's videos are posted. I support them being posted separately and for me it makes them easier to comment on. It is time to stop beating up on Chad and appreciate the fact that he has, for some time now, made Scott's videos available to us.

Thank you, Chad
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

+100
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

I respectfully disagree. I dislike the format, primarily because much of the content already posted, and to be posted, is or will be exclusive to those forum members that are also members of MGR. Which seems to be a small percentage. The information is essentially for sale. That is inconsistent with how I perceive the forum.

Saying 'It wasn't Scott' wasn't responsive to comments regarding the extent to which this is commercial use of the forum. Virtually every post contains information about how to help monetize MGR. Does that suggest 'yes it's wrong, but only if Scott does it himself?' Not to me.

Somewhere in this thread the dialog crossed the line. It definitely got personal and became personally insulting to some members. I can understand that we may not all think it happened in the same post.

- David
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

DLB wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:03 pm I respectfully disagree. I dislike the format, primarily because much of the content already posted, and to be posted, is or will be exclusive to those forum members that are also members of MGR. Which seems to be a small percentage. The information is essentially for sale. That is inconsistent with how I perceive the forum.

Saying 'It wasn't Scott' wasn't responsive to comments regarding the extent to which this is commercial use of the forum. Virtually every post contains information about how to help monetize MGR. Does that suggest 'yes it's wrong, but only if Scott does it himself?' Not to me.

Somewhere in this thread the dialog crossed the line. It definitely got personal and became personally insulting to some members. I can understand that we may not all think it happened in the same post.

- David
David,

Well said and I agree. For my part, I have always tried to treat other forum members here with respect and reverence. In a few cases in the past, I have made mistakes where I misunderstood or misinterpreted posts here. Whenever this has happened, I have publicly apologized and taken ownership of it. At the end of the day, it is more important to me to get the truth uncovered (in a respectful way) for all members here, rather than to support my own ego. Having said all of this, I can't take back a single word I have posted on this kerfuffle. This forum has devolved into the same personal attacks and shouting that accompany more modern social media platforms. I choose not to be on FB for this reason and if this is the direction this forum is heading with monetized content and trolls then I know what to do...good luck!
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Some here would do well to acquire some tougher skin. ;)

Quit taking someone else's opinion as a personal insult. :)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange