10ER questions. New to the group

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: 10ER questions. New to the group

Post by JPG »

Well I simply thought(?) it ,more appropriate with the 'other' shaper fence. Obviously it can be used with either. I stand corrected!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
whiteb01
Silver Member

Post by whiteb01 »

JPG wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:47 pm Well I simply thought(?) it ,more appropriate with the 'other' shaper fence. Obviously it can be used with either. I stand corrected!!!
No problem! I just don't want to do something I shouldn't. I'm new to all this SS stuff and I'm not sure I've seen the one you are referring to.
~~Blain~~
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

The Shaper Fence you have is the one commonly referred to as being for the Mark 5/V with the original Table System. It was in fact made to also fit the Model 10 table system and I believe it was available for purchase prior to the introduction of the Mark 5 in March of 1954. Its original instruction manual shows it being used on a Model 10ER. It can be used for the same functions on the Model 10's as the original Model 10 Shaper Fence which includes using the 2-1/4" Jointer Cutter Head. It would also be more forgiving if the jointer blades accidentally hit the fence boards than the original Model 10 Shaper Fence since most of them came with metal fences. As with any operation do make sure to have the fence locked down tight to the table and all other locks are tight before use.

The original Shaper Fence for the Model 10 JPG is referring to is shown in the picture below. It goes in place of a standard the table insert.

_
Model 10 Jointer Shaper Fence.jpg
Model 10 Jointer Shaper Fence.jpg (144.94 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.