Its only money ????

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bainin
Platinum Member

Re: Its only money ????

Post by bainin »

I just broke down and bought about 280 bd-ft of "reclaimed" 2X4's from a junk hauler.

Had to throw out some with termite holes, some which were pressure treated..but I still have
this leftover after soap and water scrub + rinse.

$100 ... I just need to make enough reindeer with them to make the money back :)
2x4stack.jpg
2x4stack.jpg (172.43 KiB) Viewed 8440 times
dylanbar
Bronze Member

Post by dylanbar »

That's not bad at all, should I try to do the same maybe? Since I am not working right now. I have some money saved which I planned to use for buying a new house, but since the prices are continuously growing with some huge rates, it's not the best moment to buy it right now. There is an interesting article on timthomas.co about the signs of market crash, and I've started to analyze when there is a possibility for it to happen, so I am gonna wait a bit for that time to come, otherwise I am not going to spend so much money.
Last edited by beeg on Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: remove URL.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I was at the Big box yesterday, I keep looking for them to rope off the lumber isle and post a sign that reads for display only product no longer available ?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Might be the only bright spot in the current macroeconomic environment, but lumber futures are finally down to pre-pandemic levels again (~$430). Let's hope they stay there and that retail sales trend down to match, as they often do. Fingers crossed, but hopefully in a couple of months retail sales will correct...perhaps a bright spot for us woodworkers. :)
LumberFutures_27SEPT2022.jpg
LumberFutures_27SEPT2022.jpg (42.29 KiB) Viewed 7681 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
samefredd
Bronze Member

Post by samefredd »

bainin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:57 pm I just broke down and bought about 280 bd-ft of "reclaimed" 2X4's from a junk hauler.

Had to throw out some with termite holes, some which were pressure treated..but I still have
this leftover after soap and water scrub + rinse.

$100 ... I just need to make enough reindeer with them to make the money back :)

2x4stack.jpg
Turning those reclaimed 2X4's into reindeer sounds like a fun and creative project. Plus, if you can make enough of them to recoup your $100 investment, that's a win-win situation! It's all about putting your woodworking skills to good use and enjoying the process. If you ever decide to showcase your reindeer creations or share your woodworking journey, feel free to do so. Many woodworking enthusiasts would love to see your projects and maybe even get inspired by your work. Happy woodworking and crafting, those reindeer! If you're looking for a fun way to make some extra cash while indulging in your hobbies, you might want to try out bingo apps. They can be a great source of entertainment and even offer some rewards along the way.
Last edited by samefredd on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

What's thee got against termite holes?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange