Newbies need to ask about accessories

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

danielkreger
Bronze Member

Newbies need to ask about accessories

Post by danielkreger »

Top 3 Mattress Toppers In 2021 Bring The Heaven To Your Bed

The bed is always a comfortable and peaceful place to lay our back after hard-working days. To enhance your feelings every night, we need to put several accessories on your bed, and a mattress topper is an unmissable consideration besides the mattress alone. If you are looking for one, take a look at our top mattress toppers list on TheKingLive website, one of the most reputable pages where you can find the best products.

1/. SLEEP INNOVATIONS GEL MEMORY FOAM 4-INCH DUAL LAYER

The 4-inch dual-layer topper from Sleep Innovations is considered the best bed accessory in the market by Mr. William Cawley, the Editor-in-Chief of the website. This topper differs from other models by its twin-piece design. The first layer is made of fiber that brings extreme comfort while the other one is a 2-inch memory gel layer. Such material can support adjusting temperature and pressure and keep you in a deep sleep throughout the night, but it is quite hot in the summer and you may turn on the air-conditioner to avoid sweating during your sleep.

On the Amazon products site, this topper has several sizes. The most luxurious is no more than $150 with a 10-year warranty and can be affordable for most families.

2/. LUCID 3-INCH VENTILATED MEMORY FOAM

With an average rating of 4.3 over 5 points from more than 6,300 Amazon customer reviews, the 3-inch ventilated mattress topper from LUCID is an ideal alternative in case you cannot get the Sleep Innovations product.

The special design with hundreds of air ventilation holes can allow air to go through, while the gel layer helps the body heat transferred outside better. This topper can also spread the pressure from your body all over the surface and keep you sleeping comfortably. What’s more, this top reviewed product is suitable for even old and rough beds, which means you don’t need to consider your bed before buying it. The only drawback is no cover provided, but some people may not need it.

The LUCID 3-Inch Ventilated Memory Foam is about $100. This product has other versions of 2 inches, $70, and 4 inches, $120, depending on users’ demand.

3/. DREAMFOAM BEDDING 2-INCH GEL SWIRL MEMORY FOAM

If you have less than $100 for a mattress topper, Buy Dreamfoam Bedding 2-Inch Gel Swirl Memory Foam. Only at around $75, this topper received great product reviews with the senior editor - Guadalupe Sullivan of 4.3 points from more than 3,700 global ratings.

The gel swirl is the biggest difference between this Amazon product and the two above, but like other gel features, it brings extreme comfort to users during their sleep or resting time. This topper also optimizes your feeling no matter if you lie on your back, on the side or prone. However, the chemical smell of a new product may annoy you and it is recommended to air-dry it at least 24 hours before decorating it to your bed.

CONCLUSION

There are more products in the markets that you can choose from, but these are the best 3 products that were reviewed by numerous experts and customers. If your bed needs a cover, what are you waiting for?

Contact us at: 4150 Portillo Rd #29, Spring Hill, FL 34608, United States
Last edited by danielkreger on Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Newbies need to ask about accessories

Post by JPG »

Most SPT's are intended to be used on the LEFT side and their rotational direction demands it on a Mark 5/V.

They 'could' be mounted on the right side, but that would require reversing the rotation and operating them from the back side.

A notable exception is the planer which benefits from repositioning operation to the front side, but still requires reversing direction.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

danielkreger,

Welcome to the Shopsmith Forum.

If you are asking about using SPT's such as the Jointer, Belt Sander, Bandsaw etc. JPG's answer is mostly correct. The SPT's are generally operated on the left side of the Headstock through the two spindle drives. The lower one being for the Jointer. I did say generally as the Belt Sander can actually be driven with the Quill's Spindle since the drive shaft on it goes all the way through. As JPG pointed out mounting SPT's on the right side and powering with the Quill's spindle puts the working side of the SPT on the back side of the Mark series tools except for the Belt Sander. That makes it more difficult to reach the stop button quickly if needed because something went wrong. So, there is a safety consideration. The Strip Sander can run in either direction and is run backwards when using it for sharpening Lathe Chisels. For the conventional Headstock that means mounting the Strip Sander on the right side. Again that puts you working on the back side of the Mark series tool. The Power Pro DVR motor upgrade adds reverse to the Mark series tools and can be done either with the Do-it-yourself upgrade or buying a complete Power Pro Headstock. I did the Do-it-yourself upgrade a few years ago.

The right side of the Headstock is generally for the basic Shopsmith functions of sawing, drilling/boring, lathe turning, disk sanding, etc.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
fredeharley55
Bronze Member

Post by fredeharley55 »

Thanks for sharing the suggestion.

So I have been collecting many other tools of late and I am now in need of more room to actually work. I have decided to convert my refurbished 54' Mark V into a short SPT power device. I want to be able to power the bandsaw and jointer on this shorty. I also have a speed reducer that I would like to employ when using the bandsaw. What lengths do I need to make the way tubes and bench tubes to allow the use of the two SPTs along with the speed reducer when powering the bandsaw? I also have the power stand that the bandsaw came with can this be used to power the jointer? Just wondering if the motor/set up on the power stand will spin the jointer at a speed that will allow it to function properly?
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

With what has been already said in JPG's and my previous posts using a conventional Headstock is limited to having most SPT powered by the left side using the two drive shafts with the Jointer on the lower and other SPT on the top shaft. Again, unless the Headstock has a reverse only the Belt and Strip Sanders can be run on the right side of the Headstock by the Quill's Spindle. In that case the Strip Sander will be running in reverse and facing the back of your Mark 5. The Belt Sander would use the other end of the Drive Shaft on its left side to connect to the Headstock. I have to ask what are you planning on cutting on the Bandsaw that would require a Speed lower than 700 RPM? I don't have any experience with it, but I recall a discussion about using the Speed Reducer on the left side of the Headstock to reduce the speed for SPT's. Others may have more information on that. None of this includes the Mark Mount Planer which wouldn't really fit on a shorty and does not mount like all the other SPT's.

The Power Stand with a motor was sold to use the SPT's on a separate stand with a motor so often used SPT's would always be ready for use without having to mount on the Mark V. The SPT was powered by a drive belt and pulleys on the motor and SPT. Pulley sizes varied by SPT and some used step pulleys for multiple speeds. Your Jointer can be set up on the Power Stand but would need different size pulleys than those used for the Bandsaw.

Another option for powering SPT's was the Power Station which uses a variable speed system similar to the Mark 5/V Headstock.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.