Milwaukee 2831-20 M18 tracksaw

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Milwaukee 2831-20 M18 tracksaw

Post by RFGuy »

Well, it has been rumored for over a year or two by now, but it looks like Milwaukee has finally revealed their M18 platform cordless tracksaw and tracks. It looks to be priced comparably to the Makita version. Not going to trade in my Festool one any time soon, but if I was in the market, I would be seriously considering this one. Not a lot of details on it yet, but it looks like the Milwaukee tracks are similar to the Festool tracks so it "might" be compatible with Festool track accessories. In the one video below they say it is compatible with Makita or Festool tracks. As some of you know, I am a big fan of the Milwaukee cordless battery platform and they have a proven track record when it comes to brushless power tools so I expect this product will do well for Milwaukee.

https://www.protoolreviews.com/milwauke ... aw-review/
MilwaukeeTracksaw.jpg
MilwaukeeTracksaw.jpg (78.01 KiB) Viewed 8462 times

📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor