Non-SS Recommendation

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

db5
Platinum Member

Non-SS Recommendation

Post by db5 »

I have a Weller 8000N soldering gun with copper tips and need replacements. The stuff available seems to be crap. I know some people use Romex copper wire. Your thoughts?
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Non-SS Recommendation

Post by chapmanruss »

My Weller Soldering Gun is the Model 7200 and the tips insert differently, screw clamping as opposed to the hex nuts many of them use. I did a search (weller soldering gun tips) and found some available. Some were pretty cheap looking not having the heavy point. Those looked like they were made out of copper wire. I also found a couple of you-tube videos about making your own out of copper wire. Probably the same videos you found. I know I would prefer to have the standard soldering gun tips with the heavy end like the ones in the picture below. It may take some looking around to find the right ones for your Soldering Gun.

_
OIP.jpg
OIP.jpg (4.15 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I located these on ebay you could also try Amazon https://www.ebay.com/itm/275377527498?e ... BMzInW881g

-------

JMO ,,, romex may be a little too soft and bend on ya when it heats up , try it and see ?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

A Lot on Amazon. Both straight attaching end and angled attaching end with hex nuts.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

Thank you all. Or as they said when I lived in Texas, "all y'all".
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

A friend in Oklahoma once told me that "y'all" is the singular and "all y'all" is the plural of the pronoun.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Any one care to explain "youse"?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

The use of "y'all" for a single person is debated, except for an equivalent ambiguous usage of "you". After all, it's short for "you all", which is something said to multiple people.
"youse" is basically the same, generally applied to multiple people, but sometimes it's used for individuals.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

When growing up in Tennessee, “y’all” was consistently and unequivocally used as second-person plural. But despite once having neighbors who used the term, I never did quite figure out “you’ins”.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

There are we'uns and you'uns.

Sorta like us vs youse.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange