Shopsmith Bandsaw Dust Chute

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RYates
Bronze Member

Shopsmith Bandsaw Dust Chute

Post by RYates »

How do you mate a Ridgid shop vac hose to the Shopsmith bandsaw dust chute? What fittings are needed?
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Bandsaw Dust Chute

Post by JPG »

What does yer Ridgid shop vac hose look like?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

I bought a new-style SS bandsaw cover six or eight years ago. It has the built-in dust port and the viewing window for the blade-tension adjustment.

As for dust-hose fittings, my Ridgid vac hose plugs directly into the SS bandsaw dust port, and fits nicely. However, I do use a 90 degree elbow between them, because the hose routing is tidier with it pointed straight down. I have several 90 degree fittings, and IIRC at least one if them is from Shopsmith. They all fit just fine.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

RYates,

Welcome to the Shopsmith Forum.

The Bandsaw has a dust chute by one of two ways. Either it has a later cover with a molded in Dust Chute or an upgrade adding a Dust Chute to an earlier cover. In both cases they are a standard 2-1/2" connection unless someone added a Dust Chute using a different size from another manufacturer.

What size is the hose for your shop vac? What size is the connector on your Bandsaw? If one or both are not standard 2-1/2" than an adapter will be needed. Adapters come in many sizes.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.