Unused jointer

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

BobCoates1953
Gold Member

Unused jointer

Post by BobCoates1953 »

Hello all.
I have a jointer that came with a 10er that I have no use for and never used it. I would like to see if some one can use this instead of it going for scrap. I am to the point that I need to get rid of stuff that I no longer use. I have the motor that came with the 10er that can go with the jointer to make it stand alone. Here is picture.
Jointer1.jpg
Jointer1.jpg (468.61 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
Not shown in picture is the fence.
I am in the Philadelphia area.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Unused jointer

Post by JPG »

Did a spam post get deleted here???
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Bob and for anyone interested in this Jointer,

It is a Model 620 4" Magna Jointer and judging by the Cutter Guard it was made in 1955 or shortly thereafter. The Model 620-C came out in mid 1958. The Model 620 Jointer will mount on any Mark series tool as well as the Model 10's. This one is sitting on the "A" Adapter from the Power Mount Adapter Kit made for mounting the Add-A-Tools (SPT's) on Model 10's but would need the longer Jointer mounting tubes included in that kit. That kit is Item number 11 920. The Model 620 Jointer also has the mounting holes to use the Model 10's special Headrest and Bracket for mounting the Model 4E Jointer. As with all Model 620 Jointers and later it can use all the current replacement/service parts and accept all upgrades. Some replacement/service parts can be replaced individually while others need to be replaced as an assembly.

Bob if I lived closer, I would love to give it a new home, but I am sure someone who is closer will love to have it.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
BobCoates1953
Gold Member

Post by BobCoates1953 »

Russ thanks for updated info. I sure hope someone is interested. I don't want to post it locally for fear someone would take it for scrap.
Thanks,

Bob
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Bob, I have a 10ER that came with a 4E jointer and intact hinge and mounting plate. So I don’t need the jointer itself, but I’d love to buy the “A” adapter from you, if you’re willing to separate them. That would let me use my 10ER to replace a Power Stand, and free up some space in my shop. Not to mention just being darned cool.

I’m still trying to figure out what I’m seeing on the far side of the jointer. Might it be a “B” adapter, just leaning against the jointer? I’ve been looking for one or both adapters for quite a few years locally on CL. Should you be willing, I could easily email you a postage label to print out for a shipping box, sparing you much of the shipping hassle.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

BuckeyeDennis wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:24 pm Bob, I have a 10ER that came with a 4E jointer and intact hinge and mounting plate. So I don’t need the jointer itself, but I’d love to buy the “A” adapter from you, if you’re willing to separate them. That would let me use my 10ER to replace a Power Stand, and free up some space in my shop. Not to mention just being darned cool.

I’m still trying to figure out what I’m seeing on the far side of the jointer. Might it be a “B” adapter, just leaning against the jointer? I’ve been looking for one or both adapters for quite a few years locally on CL. Should you be willing, I could easily email you a postage label to print out for a shipping box, sparing you much of the shipping hassle.
I was wondering the same thing.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
BobCoates1953
Gold Member

Post by BobCoates1953 »

Sorry I posted this same jointer in 2018 and sold some of the parts at that time. I have the base and two tubes that the jointer is currently sitting on that could be used to make it free standing. Since I have never used or set up, that is about all I can tell you. I have no idea how it attaches other the what the experts have posted. At my age I need to get rid of stuff that I no longer use or will ever use. Hope some one is available to use this.
Thanks to all. These were sold in 2018.
SoldParts.jpg
SoldParts.jpg (306.12 KiB) Viewed 3335 times
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Thanks for the clarification, Bob. The stuff that you sold back in 2018 is what I was interested in, but I do hope you can find a good home for the jointer itself.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Just to clarify in case anyone is reading this and are curious as to the parts shown in Bob's last post above the parts are as follows.

Upper left corner is the box for, just as it says, the Power Mount Coupler Kit.
The lower left corner is the contents of the Power Mount Coupler Kit unfortunately the Coupler itself is damaged.
In the middle of the left side is the 2 original length Jointer Mounting Posts.
The top center is the special Headstock Pulley with the integrated hub.
The top right is the "A" Adapter and bottom right is the "B" Adapter both for mounting Add-A-Tools (SPT's) on the Model 10E and 10ER.
Missing from the picture that completes the Power Mount Adapter Kit part number 11 920 is the special 8" Jointer Mounting Posts.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.