Item of Possible Interest

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Item of Possible Interest

Post by dusty »

I have been cleaning up all of my Shopsmith files (drawings and documents) and thought this one may be of interest.

Note the numbers. Nice clean measurements all in 1/4" increments.
Tube and Table Relationships.png
Tube and Table Relationships.png (46.18 KiB) Viewed 336 times
One thing that I noticed (not depicted in this sketch) is the fact that "the sum of the radii of the two sheaves" is always 4" no matter what the speed setting. This intrigues me. Is this just a coincidence or a deliberate design characteristic?

The two main tables shown here are at maximum depth of cut (3 1/2") and with no blade above the table.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Item of Possible Interest

Post by chapmanruss »

Dusty,

I have been looking at this drawing since you posted it Wednesday. It is another great example of your drawings with this one depicting the relationship and spacing of parts of the Mark V. Something we do not see so well simply looking at the machine. Thank you for sharing it.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Item of Possible Interest

Post by dusty »

chapmanruss wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:52 am Dusty,

I have been looking at this drawing since you posted it Wednesday. It is another great example of your drawings with this one depicting the relationship and spacing of parts of the Mark V. Something we do not see so well simply looking at the machine. Thank you for sharing it.
Thanks, Russ. I began doing these sketches a long time ago (while becoming familiar with my first Mark V). I have since been going thru my files and validating or discarding what I did originally.

This particular one I refer back to every now and then which is why I posted it.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.