facebook rejections

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

BillVan
Silver Member

facebook rejections

Post by BillVan »

Hi Gang
Lately I have not been able to get to any farcebook links posted on this or any other forums. When I click the farcebook link they want my E-Mail phone number so they can verify that it is really me. So little Mr Sugarcube will have to do without me!!!
Bill V
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: facebook rejections

Post by dusty »

BillVan wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:31 am Hi Gang
Lately I have not been able to get to any farcebook links posted on this or any other forums. When I click the farcebook link they want my E-Mail phone number so they can verify that it is really me. So little Mr Sugarcube will have to do without me!!!
Bill V
FB simply does not recognize your login identity. This action is intended to protect you (your account). They (FB) want to validate who this is that is attempting to login to your account.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

You gots a different computer . . . than before?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

Well, maybe not a different computer. This happens to me on some websites because I block cookies, and other junk. I'm not sure why but think it might be NoScript as they update it. I use Firefox and several add ons.
john_001
Gold Member

Post by john_001 »

I like the idea of NoScript, but I notice that it breaks a lot of websites, so I've ended up leaving it off most of the time. Finding the specific script(s) causing the problem and allowing them is tedious, so I've given up doing that.

An alternative to blocking cookies entirely is to set Firefox to delete them at the end of each session ("delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed"). That's not quite as secure as blocking them entirely, but it cuts down on tracking.
BillVan
Silver Member

Post by BillVan »

This happened out of the blue. One day it was OK the next day problems. Same log in from my bookmarks as before.
Bill V
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I've been able to solve that problem by never clicking on anything related to Facebook. While that won't be the solution for everybody, it makes my life much nicer.