Any Makita 18V Tool Users?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

roy_okc
Platinum Member

Any Makita 18V Tool Users?

Post by roy_okc »

I bought a Makita track saw kit with 2 batteries and dual charger when it was on deep sale a bit before Black Friday. This is my first foray into the brand/size.

I presently have a plethora of Ryobi batteries and tools, the majority of which I'm quite happy with. I have a couple each drills and drivers (brushed and brushless), brushless jig saw, recip saw, smallest circular saw, multi-tool, mini vac, glue gun, "dremel", flashlights, palm router, plus some yard tools. Out of these, the only tools that I'm less than pleased with are the router and the incandescent flashlight.

Does anyone have any personal experience with the Makita palm router, especially with the plunge base? I've seen a lot of people say the router is good but the standard base is a bit of pain, but not too much on the plunge base. Anyone have the angle grinder? Do you have any other Makita tools to recommend? I'm not planning to expand greatly into Makita nor replace most of my Ryobi tools, but since I have a couple batteries that I won't be using often, it makes sense to consider the brand.

Thanks in advance,
Roy
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes: