Stubby hex shank drill bit set

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Stubby hex shank drill bit set

Post by reible »

This one will not brake the bank. $15 or so depending on the brand and where you find them. This one is NEIKO and a 6 piece set with brad points 3/32, 1/8,3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8. As you can guess they are for wood. I think they also sell a version for metal??

I do have a normal length 13 piece set that I also keep with my drill, I think I may have gone a little to cheap on that one and I'm not well pleased with it. This one so far has been worth the cost and sure is convenient. So far I'm quite happy with it. Having the short length has worked to their advantage on house hold projects. Yes you are limited to about an inch of depth. The hex shaft makes bit changes really fast. One of my drills almost always has an adapter mounted in it so it ready to go for these type bits.

If you find yourself doing odd jobs around the house as I do then I would say get yourself a set.

NEIKO 11401A Stubby Drill Bit Set
drillbitset.jpg
drillbitset.jpg (132.39 KiB) Viewed 9235 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]