Table saw alignment fixture (Rockler)

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

john_001
Gold Member

Re: Table saw alignment fixture (Rockler)

Post by john_001 »

Now if you really want to drive yourself nuts, after you get the slot aligned to the blade to your liking (e.g., 0.005), check it again with the table tilted. If it's still 0.005, you're gold. But if it isn't, it can't be corrected just by rotating the table. It means the table is canted forwards or backwards (i.e., the trunnion's axis of rotation isn't parallel to the table top). The table needs to be shimmed between the table and the trunnions. Unfortunately, I can't remember offhand which end needs to be shimmed for which error or by how much.
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Re: Table saw alignment fixture (Rockler)

Post by roy_okc »

I might have missed it above, but make sure you're measuring on the same tooth, at the same point. Take a sharpie and mark that tooth, measure at front (or back), then rotate and measure at the opposite from where you first measured it. This ensures that you aren't measuring a tooth with a slightly different set.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes: