"Delta Shop" Rockwell's answer to Shopsmith

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

gac5ss
Gold Member

"Delta Shop" Rockwell's answer to Shopsmith

Post by gac5ss »

Has anyone here ever seen one of the fully outfitted Delta Shop? I see the table saw and jointer combo on Facebook market place from time to time, but I have never seen one with all of the attachments. The following gives a detailed description to The Delta Shop.

http://www.tool-hunter.com/shopsmith-po ... ltashop-ad

If you have experience with the tool, how functional is the drill press, and sander? The saw and jointer are set-up similar to how I use my ShopSmith when I am dimensioning lumber for a piece of furniture.

Thanks
edma194
Platinum Member

Re: "Delta Shop" Rockwell's answer to Shopsmith

Post by edma194 »

My head wobbles at the thought. Sure, combine a table saw and joiner, nothing new there. But look at the description of the drill press: "... Drill Press is hinged on the right end of the saw table, and when needed it is lifted up and the belt is fished-down through the saw insert and around a pulley which takes the place of the saw blade."
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

edma194 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:56 pm My head wobbles at the thought. Sure, combine a table saw and joiner, nothing new there. But look at the description of the drill press: "... Drill Press is hinged on the right end of the saw table, and when needed it is lifted up and the belt is fished-down through the saw insert and around a pulley which takes the place of the saw blade."
The inventor was obviously no Hans Goldschmidt!
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Unlike the Shopsmith Model 10ER it was competing with at the time you could buy individual part functions one at a time much like Shopsmith is now doing. When complete the Delta Shop cost more for those 4 functions than the Shopsmith Model 10ER. What about the Lathe Delta? Multiple tool functions on a single stand were not new when the Shopsmith Model 10E was introduced but Hans did it much better than others. A true combination tool and not tools simply sharing a single motor.

Let's not forget the Magna Line Tools.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.