510 Shutting Down

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

roy_okc
Platinum Member

Re: 510 Shutting Down

Post by roy_okc »

cantputt wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:55 pm Thanks guys, blade was the problem. Cutting like a dream again.
Depending on the old/dull blade type, you might look into getting it resharpened to save from buying a new blade in the future. If it's an inexpensive blade to start with, something that costs around $1 or so per tooth, a sharpening service might not want to deal with it due to having little carbide to begin with. But more expensive blades should have more carbide and are made to be resharpened multiple times.

That's a nice looking boat.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Chloe does not look "needy"!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Not needy at all! Around here guys look at a boat like that and their eyes pop out of their head, a bow-tie they're wearing for some reason spins around, steam shoots out of their ears, and from somewhere comes a loud ah-oog-ah sound.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Glad to hear you solved the problem and didn't even have to buy new blades.

When algale said,
Think kerf work very well.
I believe he meant thin or narrow kerf blades. Taking a narrower cut (3/32" as opposed to 1/8") they use less power to do it.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

chapmanruss wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:11 pm Glad to hear you solved the problem and didn't even have to buy new blades.

When algale said,
Think kerf work very well.
I believe he meant thin or narrow kerf blades. Taking a narrower cut (3/32" as opposed to 1/8") they use less power to do it.
Yup, typo by me. Glad the new blade seems to have solved the problem! As others have pointed out, that's a beauty of a boat.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!