Mark vii table saw table and guide

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

stevepags49
Bronze Member

Mark vii table saw table and guide

Post by stevepags49 »

After a lengthy journey I have my mark vii up and running fairly well. Question I have is can I use any other table and guide on my mark vii. I have a table but no fence.
Thanks in advance,
Steve Pagliocco
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Mark vii table saw table and guide

Post by JPG »

The fence is unique to the MVII. They do come up on e-bay occasionally.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
br549
Platinum Member

Post by br549 »

I don't have a Mark VII, but am curious if any other tables (Mark 5/V) will fit on a Mark VII? Or is the carriage unique to a Mark VII? Since I think a Mark 5/V headstock will fit on a Mark VII (if you remove the gear track), will a Mark 5/V carriage also fit on a Mark VII and therefore the appropriate Mark 5/V table and Mark 5/V fence?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

The MVII table differs in that the gear teeth are on the opposite side of the mounting posts.

The way tube spacing is the same, so the carriages are interchangeable (ignoring the gear track).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange