Woodpeckers Sharpening Jig

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Woodpeckers Sharpening Jig

Post by JPG »

Luthier83 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:54 pm . . .
And lastly, no I didn’t buy it from a “shady” online seller and got “burned”. The tool was brand new. I didn’t get it for a deal, I paid even MORE than retail because it was a retired tool and no longer available. I’m not retarded and well aware of situations that appear to good to be true. And funny you should mention the “get what you paid for” adage when I paid over $200 for a tool that is worthless, hence the reason for being upset. If I paid $10 for a useless tool, I wouldn’t waste time even complaining about it. I’m upset because I paid an hell of a lot more than any other product and got zero value out of it.

. . .
He did not say 'where', but that does not matter.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Luthier83
Silver Member

Post by Luthier83 »

edma194 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:07 pm
Luthier83 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:21 pm
They know, and admit, that the part was defective when it left the factory.
Unless you sent it to them for inspection that statement is not credible. I'm sure they know the design process for imported knock-offs. Someone will take an original part and send it overseas to be duplicated exactly, including serial numbers, UPC codes, and duplicates of the packaging. There's no reason they would consider it to be a part that they made without examining it.

So did you send the tool to them for examination?

Finally, I don't like the way you've responded to my posts but I can let that slide. I won't let slide the way you've responded to my friends here on the Shopsmith Forum and I suggest you change your tone.
Another threatening post. Sorry Hitler, in what way did I speak to your “friends” or you that was disrespectful in any way?

You don’t like they way I’ve responded? Too bad. Deal with it. Why is it that anytime someone “doesn’t like” what someone has to say…they better change it or else? I didn’t lie, I didn’t state anything mid-leading or otherwise, and I wasn’t disrespectful at all. Just because YOU don’t like something doesn’t give you the right to threaten me. Jesus what is with you Nazis?

And no, I did not send them the tool for examination because they didn’t require it. So if anything, you are the one posting misleading information and lies. The company was more than able to verify it was a genuine tool without the need to send it to them. If you want, I can post a screenshot of their email.

Once again people look like fools when they state ridiculous claims that even the mfg has written back and said “oh yeah, that is definitely a genuine Woodpecker’s Tool, and the UPC barcode also lines up with date and time of production.” Then all these people just blindly jump in to defend the company by making untrue statements that even the mfg themselves contradict. Nice try though. Maybe you should try to figure out why you have a hard time accepting a truth just because you don’t like it. If I posted a picture of a dog and said some dogs are brown, would you just jump in and argue that? All I did was post a picture of a tool that I bought, and said it was defective and that the company wouldn’t stand behind it, citing their non-transferable warranty policy as the reason. That is a true and accurate statement of the facts and I have people threatening me and wanting to kick me off of here. That’s just plain ignorant and ridiculous. There, now THAT is an opinion and you can carry out your threats now because god forbid anyone shares a true statement of facts but they sure as hell can’t EVER state their opinion!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Wonder how much of this is manufactured in thy mind.

BTW rational beings do not rant as thee has demonstrated a propensity for doing so.

Has thee ever understood the pot/kettle 'fable'?

Wonder what Woodpeckers would say about all this.

Time to move on folks.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

JPG wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:51 pm Wonder how much of this is manufactured in thy mind.

BTW rational beings do not rant as thee has demonstrated a propensity for doing so.

Has thee ever understood the pot/kettle 'fable'?

Wonder what Woodpeckers would say about all this.

Time to move on folks.
JPG,

+10
I have been suspecting it is a chatbot (not a real person) for most of this thread and I am firmly believing this now. Someone is having "fun" with ChatGPT. I'll let those in charge of the forum decide, but I suspect it is a chatbot spewing hate on this forum.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Luthier83
Silver Member

Post by Luthier83 »

Here you go Hitler, I am not a chatbot. Jesus you people really have it out for anyone who doesn’t have a creepy love affair with Woodpeckers. The e-mail is from a Chris N. with Woodpecker’s customer service department. You can call him up if you really want to. I had to edit out my name and email address since you guys are clearly psychopaths towards anyone who doesn’t worship this company and have already threatened me just for telling the truth and sharing my experience.

You people are deeply in denial if you go through this much arguing and accusations over someone who just wanted to inform you of the customer service I received from a shitty company that everyone seems to be devoted to like the damn Manson Family. Just because you like their products, doesn’t mean they are a great and honest company. Jesus what more proof so you need before you’ll understand I am just a guy who had a negative experience with a company. That’s it. It’s not sone big conspiracy with A.I. or chat it’s looking to sabatoge some morally just and perfect company here! If someone else was treated this way by a company, I would want to know about before I purchased from them. I certainly wouldn’t argue “NO THATS NOT YOUR EXPERIENCE! YOU’RE WRONG! HOW DARE YOU! COMPANIES DONT LIE FOR MONEY OR EVER DO ANYTHING WRONG! STOP PICKING ON THIS POOR COMPANY THAT CHARGED $200 FOR A WORTHLESS TOOL!”

You guys are seriously delusional. I mean my god, I like Fender guitars but if someone had a negative experience or felt they been had by them I certainly wouldn’t threaten them or try to get them expelled from a public forum over it. Even when I have proof it’s like “NOPE! DIDNT HAPPEN! YOUR TOOL IS FAKE BECAUSE IT WAANT INSPECTED WITH A MICROSCOPE BY THE MIGHTY LORDS AT WOODPECKERS SO IT CANT BE REAL” it’s a fricken block of aluminum for Christ sake. And to forge the case and everything else, have the exact same engraving, and just coincidentally line up the bar code lines to display the exact same data including time stamp and date of production….how sophisticated do you really think these forgers are and how much profit are they making after all that trouble? They don’t produce a product that is even close to authentic, which is why they steal PHOTOS and use photos to advertise them as being similar. If they were that good at making a similar product then they could just sell that product like Jesus people are dumb. Even I could tell a fake immediately without touching it and so could you but definately the people at Woodpeckers are going to know! It wouldn’t even be close to the same.

But I’m done arguing with this ridiculous cult, all bow to the glorious Woodpecker’s brand and may anyone who question their divine tools be stricken with disease and perish into hell for all eternity….and their chatbots and forged emails and photos because Woodpeckers is the light!

God you guys are pathetic. No wonder CEO’s laugh at the amount of money they make off of idiots like you. It really is laughable. It’s funny they make tools because to them YOU are the tool, the tool who makes them rich. Enjoy your “air-craft grade aluminum” anodized in period-blood red, it’s a fitting color for you Lol.
Attachments
IMG_2856.jpeg
IMG_2856.jpeg (136.83 KiB) Viewed 2978 times
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Post by HopefulSSer »

You might have gotten a more sympathetic reception if your very first post had been something more along the lines of "Hi, I'm Steve and I love Shopsmiths. Thanks for letting me join your forum" instead of it being a long, questionable rant about something which has nothing to do with the main focus of the forum, and then getting progressively nastier when people didn't agree with you.

I would bet most people here have no opinion of Woodpecker, good or bad -- this isn't a Woodpecker forum. I certainly don't. Never used one of their tools.
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
Luthier83
Silver Member

Post by Luthier83 »

Wasn’t looking for a sympathetic reception. Was just trying to enlighten a few individuals as to the type of company Woodpeckers is and the quality, or lack their of, that they stand behind.

It was everyone else who was immediately nasty and tried to blame me or it was my fault, and then it switched to I’m lying, none of it’s true, and then on to I’m a chatbot, nobody would ever speak bad of Woodpeckers and if they did we would threaten them and expel them from the forum because we have sone creepy love affair with Woodpeckers and we make love to their tools in group sessions around the country…blah blah. Whatever, I’m over it. You people are the reason that things cost 70% more than they should. Because 70% of every product you buy goes into marketing and advertising because for some reason it just works on people like you. I wish I was that naive and gullible and maybe the world would make sense and I wouldn’t be in complete disbelief by this forum or Donald Trump supporters or anyone else that just believes in total retardation in spite of the evidence to the contrary but yeah…such is life. Double digit IQ’s are just part of it I guess. Anyways, peace out.
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Post by HopefulSSer »

Good luck! And try switching to decaf
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
Gold Member

Post by MODERATOR »

DISCUSSION ENDED!
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

MODERATOR wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:19 pm DISCUSSION ENDED!
Thank you. This guy is a jerk and why is it a topic o the SS Forum?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT