Great Idea or Just Madness...

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderator: admin

BigSky
Gold Member

Re: Great Idea or Just Madness...

Post by BigSky »

I'd be really, really satisfied if it was destined for my shop. GOOD JOB
tfrayne
Gold Member

Post by tfrayne »

Thanks, BigSky.

I'm getting wet feet about turning this spindle and thinking of other ways to accomplish this. I don't think I am experienced enough at turning to safely do it. Need more practice.

I am now considering 3/4' ply wood. The "spindle" would be a hexagon shaped box with a diameter of about 7-8". Those cuts would be easy enough at 30 degrees. When joined, all sides would be 60 degrees. From there, each angle would have a piece of plywood running from that angle out towards the outer edge of the circle. This would make building drawers easier when I get to that part. Pocket screws would be ideal to join the hexagon to both circular table tops.

I still have a good deal of planing left to do, especially on the bottom table.
IT IS I, ENSIGN PULVER!!

AND I JUST THREW YOUR STINKIN PALM TREE OVERBOARD!!
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

I just got back on the site after a few years hiatus and got interested in this thread. No further progress since August 8th?
tfrayne
Gold Member

Post by tfrayne »

Alas, I got sidetracked. I am officially blaming the TX heat, but that excuse runs thin in late December. Haha.

I got sidetracked when my planer broke. In looking for a replacement on CL, I found a 1956 greenie and that led me down a rabbit hole.

The project is waiting patiently, and I have promised it my full shop attention after New Years. Sorry for the late response, I too, have not been on the forum for a bit.
IT IS I, ENSIGN PULVER!!

AND I JUST THREW YOUR STINKIN PALM TREE OVERBOARD!!