Apprenticeship

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

sararvp1875
Bronze Member

Apprenticeship

Post by sararvp1875 »

Hello, my name is Robby Pedersen and I am a master furniture builder and the world’s leading historical furniture maker. I am now interviewing for new apprentices in Jefferson, Iowa. Learn to build historically designed furniture using only the tools available in 1875. I have reintroduced the system of joinery historically called triple joinery – which is the only method for producing furniture that lasts hundreds of years.

Apprentices will learn to use the proper technique of hand tools and construction as the trade has been taught for centuries. Master to apprentice and labor for knowledge, from the man doing his trade in real time for 30 years.

My shop, RVP1875, is not only the world’s leader in historical accuracy, actual production, and strength of product but also a nationally accredited museum and top tourist attraction.

Requirements: 2-year commitment
Labor and strong work ethic

Site is rvp1875

Send a msg here for further details
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Apprenticeship

Post by JPG »

Good Luck finding a youngster interested in that path.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Please let us know the results of your search. It will be interesting to know how many apply or inquire about the opportunity and some info on the one you chose. Thanks!
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Here is the OP's website, RVP1875: https://www.rvp1875.com/

I'd love to apply myself but I don't fit the qualifications. I have the work ethic, but the labor part ain't so good lately.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
emmayashri
Bronze Member

Post by emmayashri »

Hello Robby,
Your apprenticeship opportunity sounds good! I'm eager to learn from someone with your level of expertise. Could you please provide more details about the application process and any specific requirement?