Shopsmith "Self Study Course"

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith "Self Study Course"

Post by JPG »

OMG Thee art fallible? :eek: :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
thedovetailjoint
Gold Member

Post by thedovetailjoint »

Unfailingly fallible.
http://www.Youtube.com/user/MyGrowthRings
http://Shopsmith-Tool-Hunter.Blogspot.com
http://www.Tool-Hunter.com
tfrayne
Gold Member

Post by tfrayne »

I’ve seen a few of your videos, including the one where you talk about this project. I too was a bit worried you’d run afoul of SS Hq but it looks like you’ve taken care of that. I would love to see the finished product. I will be looking out for it.
IT IS I, ENSIGN PULVER!!

AND I JUST THREW YOUR STINKIN PALM TREE OVERBOARD!!
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

An update on these reference materials that expand on the information contained in the manuals is long overdue. Congratulations Stephen on following through with this Self Study Guide update with the co-operation of Shopsmith. That is quite an undertaking to edit and update both the text and pictures. Although it still has a lot of good information, I wish this would have been done when the latest printing of Power Tool Woodworking for Everyone was released instead of just putting the picture of a Mark 7 on the cover.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

chapmanruss wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:39 pm An update on these reference materials that expand on the information contained in the manuals is long overdue. Congratulations Stephen on following through with this Self Study Guide update with the co-operation of Shopsmith. That is quite an undertaking to edit and update both the text and pictures. Although it still has a lot of good information, I wish this would have been done when the latest printing of Power Tool Woodworking for Everyone was released instead of just putting the picture of a Mark 7 on the cover.
AMEN!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

Post by stephen_a._draper »

The first 20 Assignments on Table Saw operations were printed and delivered to Nick Cupps at the Celebration of Woodworking event May 17-18 in Dayton, Ohio. They were well received by Nick who then gave them to Jim McCann for review. The first supporting YouTube video was completed today and is being reviewed by the field testers. When they have finished their review, the video will be edited and submitted. Until completion of the project, all supporting videos will be unlisted on YouTube.
stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

Post by stephen_a._draper »

FIELD TESTERS NEEDED
I am looking for some additional field testers for the new Shopsmith Mark 4/7/520 Self Study Course who are UNDER AGE 60. I have sufficient testers for the over 60 demographics. The lessons and assignments for table saw operations and horizontal boring operations have been completed and tested. Testing for horizontal routing, disc sanding, spindle turning, and bowl turning will be starting shortly in that order. Please send me a private message if you are interested along with which machine operations.
Testers need to own one of the following models: Mark 4, Mark 7, Mark 520S, or a Mark V 520.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

What has age got to do with any of it? It ain't about users. It is about how to . . . .

Or for that matter ss model if one is only a tester and not a photo subject.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝