JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Mike Young

Post by JPG »

Elmer Fudd's.???
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Doc
Gold Member

Post by Doc »

Yeah JPG, let me explain,lol,
I watched a couple videos you referred from the sessions. Like I said they are very informative, but when Nick said about loosing his religion removing the lower sheaves , and having choice words about the quill upper parts... I just could not imagine him using cursing or cussing words as his choice words.I could only imagine him saying ....."Aw, pretty please " like Elmer Fudd said on one of his cartoons. Lol. I meant no disrespect at all. If taken that way , I truly apologise ,please forgive me . He seems to have a good sense of humor also.

But ! I still can't see the videos clearly. He has very riveting , and informative videos . I just think shopsmith needs to update their printed info and some of these videos for clarity and Mark 7 specifics when applicable. Even some higher res photos would help greatly .

I love the concept and quality of this tool and brand. I'm just appreciative that there are people in forums like these that care and share.
Thank all of you for that

Doc
Last edited by Doc on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Doc wrote:Yeah Mike let me explain,lol,
I watched a couple videos you referred from the sessions. Like I said they are very informative, but when Nick said about loosing his religion removing the lower sheaves , and having choice words about the quill upper parts... I just could not imagine him using cursing or cussing words as his choice words.I could only imagine him saying ....."Aw, pretty please " like Elmer Fudd said on one of his cartoons. Lol. I meant no disrespect at all. If taken that way , I truly apologise ,please forgive me . He seems to have a good sense of humor also.

But ! I still can't see the videos clearly. He has very riveting , and informative videos . I just think shopsmith needs to update their printed info and some of these videos for clarity and Mark 7 specifics when applicable. Even some higher res photos would help greatly .

I love the concept and quality of this tool and brand. I'm just appreciative that there are people in forums like these that care and share.
Thank all of you for that

Doc
Realize that those videos of Nick Engler were originally sawdust sessions sent out over the internet and thus were only capable of fairly low resolution due to bandwidth restrictions 'back then'. Keep in mind it was a low budget operation as it took place when SS Inc. was struggling to survive.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Doc
Gold Member

Post by Doc »

Yea I really understand that, and I also know that making any kind of video takes time and lots of editing. I'm just wishfully thinking. Heck cellphones today have resolutions unheard of in cameras of just a few years ago.
I will look tonight at more sawdust sessions and search for more on the mk7 . Meanwhile I'm Looking fwd to the Plano,Tx demo next week with Mike Young
stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

Post by stephen_a._draper »

Does anyone know the author name on this forum to view the posts made my Mike Young?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

stephen_a._draper wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:20 pm Does anyone know the author name on this forum to view the posts made my Mike Young?
?????
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

stephen_a._draper wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:20 pm Does anyone know the author name on this forum to view the posts made my Mike Young?
I don't recall any posts by Mike. Others have linked in some of his videos, and I'd say that some of the feedback certainly invited response.

- David
benmcn
Gold Member

Post by benmcn »

I recall that Mike Young made some comments about a power pro competitor in this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=22087&hilit=DVRplus&start=20

The comments were posted under the username mlyoung.
stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

Post by stephen_a._draper »

I found it. It is mlyoung. He has only made 5 posts on this forum. They were from 25-27 December 2018 in the subject "Powerpro Competitor."
youngstev
Silver Member

Post by youngstev »

Hey where can I find info for tour dates? I would love to see him in action.