Restoration Progress On My 1955 Greenie

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

OK.....I looked for the CAUTION label that I took off my Greenie before I started my restore but for the life of me, can't locate it. I know I didn't throw it away. It will turn up but for now, who is able to provide me with an image of the label so that I can reproduce it? A pic would be GREAT. If no pic, how about the text, line by line, and a best guess on what font was used. I would think that SS would be able to tell me but I'd rather go through you guys first.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

mickyd wrote:OK.....I looked for the CAUTION label that I took off my Greenie before I started my restore but for the life of me, can locate it. I know I didn't throw it away. It will turn up but for now, who is able to provide me with an image of the label so that I can reproduce it? A pic would be GREAT. If no pic, how about the text, line by line, and a best guess on what font was used. I would think that SS would be able to tell me but I'd rather go through you guys first.

I know that this is not the label you seek; however, the CAUTION wording may be here.

Surely, there is a photo image available somewhere amongst this illustrious group of an earlier model label.

As a result of this thread, I have now photographed all of my labels. I am sorry to say, too late to get those that were on my Crafter's Station. They were in bad shape and like a fool I peeled them off. I thought I saved them but I can not find them.
Attachments
Caution Label.JPG
Caution Label.JPG (154.98 KiB) Viewed 5277 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:Did not say they were. They are what is in the current catalog!
Neither are they what he IS looking for!;)

Sorry, I did not see your LAST post(10:21/7:21) when I posted this!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:Did not say they were. They are what is in the current catalog!
Neither are they what he IS looking for!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

mickyd wrote:OK.....I looked for the CAUTION label that I took off my Greenie before I started my restore but for the life of me, can't locate it. I know I didn't throw it away. It will turn up but for now, who is able to provide me with an image of the label so that I can reproduce it? A pic would be GREAT. If no pic, how about the text, line by line, and a best guess on what font was used. I would think that SS would be able to tell me but I'd rather go through you guys first.

This MIGHT help some?

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=2121
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

It certainly does help.

CAUTION

Do not turn SPEED

DIAL unless motor is

Running Do Not Force

Handle See page 2 in

USER'S MANUAL

I am uncertain about the last sentence. The rest is identical to the label on my 510.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

dusty wrote:It certainly does help.

CAUTION

Do not turn SPEED

DIAL unless motor is

Running Do Not Force

Handle See page x in

USER'S MANUAL

I am uncertain about the last sentence. The rest is identical to the label on my 510.

Thanks beeg. Thanks dusty. I really appreciate your help.

Dusty - When you said "I am uncertaina bout the last sentence" did you mean you were uncertain about "See page x in USER'S MANUAL" or did you just not include what you were uncertain about?? Also, did you actually read the label from the link beeg sent? I tried but couldn't.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I am uncertain about

"See page x in USER'S MANUAL" - I think the page number is 1?

The rest of the label I believe I could read. I took the image that beeg provided and enlarged it as far as I could with a photo editor.

Since the verbiage is identical to the label on my machine I am reasonably certain that this is the verbiage.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

dusty wrote: I thought I saved them but I can not find them.

Welcome to my world... :rolleyes:
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:I am uncertain about

"See page x in USER'S MANUAL" - I think the page number is 1?

The rest of the label I believe I could read. I took the image that beeg provided and enlarged it as far as I could with a photo editor.

Since the verbiage is identical to the label on my machine I am reasonably certain that this is the verbiage.
The page 'number' is gone on my goldie label, BUT it says 'OWNER'S MANUAL'.

Dusty's format and line grouping and capitalization are correct. Only the word USER'S is different from mine. The word CAUTION is slightly larger AND underlined.

The page in the manual with pertinent instructions(twice) is page 2(Inside front cover). Do not have time soon to post a pix, but if interested, I will later.:)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝