Restoration Progress On My 1955 Greenie

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

How's this look? Should print right on 2x2"...
Attachments
Caution_Label.pdf
(10.44 KiB) Downloaded 861 times
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
Aspiring Sandcarver: Breaking glass one grain at a time.
Black Powder Shooter (love the smell of burning sulfur).
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Nice job Tom!
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

tom_k/mo wrote:How's this look? Should print right on 2x2"...
Dead ringer for the original(except 'underlining "CAUTION"' Size/lettering is perfect!!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

JPG, I did it without the Caution underlined, because it matched the photo. Do you want me to do a second version for you with the underline?
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
judaspre1982
Platinum Member

Post by judaspre1982 »

==================
Last edited by judaspre1982 on Sat May 20, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

tom_k/mo wrote:JPG, I did it without the Caution underlined, because it matched the photo. Do you want me to do a second version for you with the underline?
It would be a PERFECT Goldie version!:) See Below

[ATTACH]3765[/ATTACH]
Attachments
goldiecaution_rot.jpg
goldiecaution_rot.jpg (299.5 KiB) Viewed 5584 times
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mickyd
Platinum Member

Recreated Caution Label for Greenie's

Post by mickyd »

You guys are the GREATEST. I couldn't wait to get home tonight. I knew that the illusive CAUTION label mystery text would be solved. Artwork was a real bonus!

Tom - Thanks for the recreation. It's PERFECT. Appreciate your effort. Dave - Thanks for providing the great pictures. They came out beautiful. JPG - Thanks for your impeccable proofing and sizing . Dusty - Thanks for getting JPG all riled up :D Good for his ticker!!

OK, so here's the next step. Wife had some clear adhesive Avery laser stock labels, 2x4-1/4". I'll steal a few sheets and will print some labels out tomorrow. If you want one, send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll mail one (or more) out to you. Once Goldie on is available for JPG, that will be included to. Make sure to tell me Goldie or Greenie.

Again, can't tell you guys how appreciative I am for your help. I say it again....this forum is AWESOME.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mickyd wrote:You guys are the GREATEST. I couldn't wait to get home tonight. I knew that the illusive CAUTION label mystery text would be solved. Artwork was a real bonus!

Tom - Thanks for the recreation. It's PERFECT. Appreciate your effort. Dave - Thanks for providing the great pictures. They came out beautiful. JPG - Thanks for your impeccable proofing and sizing . Dusty - Thanks for getting JPG all riled up :D Good for his ticker!!

OK, so here's the next step. Wife had some clear adhesive Avery laser stock labels, 2x4-1/4". I'll steal a few sheets and will print some labels out tomorrow. If you want one, send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll mail one (or more) out to you. Once Goldie on is available for JPG, that will be included to. Make sure to tell me Goldie or Greenie.

Again, can't tell you guys how appreciative I am for your help. I say it again....this forum is AWESOME.
Warn't no riling done!:D I Just responded with the obvious reply! We ALL wanted to 'get it right'.(especially Mike);)

DUSTY: Thanks for your effort here. You had NO self interest in this!:cool:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

OK, here's a new PDF that has both versions of the Caution label. The Goldie one changed the kerning of the letters on the "CAUTION" and the line spacing on the body of the text as well as adding the underline...
Attachments
ShopSmith_Caution_Label.pdf
(10.81 KiB) Downloaded 874 times
dickg1
Gold Member

Post by dickg1 »

FWIW: The Goldie I bought new in 1964 does not have (nor has it ever had) the "Caution Label". Was it supposed to be applied by the owner? Too long ago for me to remember.
Dick
A Veteran-whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve-Is Someone Who, at One Point in Their Life, Signed a Blank Check Made Payable To "The United States of America", For An Amount of 'Up To and Including My Life'