Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dicksterp
Gold Member

Post by dicksterp »

[quote="JPG40504"]

Dick:

RE: your belt sander]

JPG,

Correct. It was never used, still in box with paperwork. My strip sander which I got at the same time, which was barely used, had written on both the box and inside the door "Hold for Engineering, Production unit # 1".
Dick

SS equipment. '89 510 (upgrade to 520), beltsander, pro planer, SS dust collector, 2 bandsaws, jointer, strip sander (production unit #1), OPR, scroll saw, Power Station, Incra TSIII Ultra Fence System& Wonder Fence plus (2) 50 year old DeWalt RASs and Incra miter express with miter gauge
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mickyd wrote:Since they built more than one unit per day (I would HOPE), how would they differentiate the serial numbers (production date) between units built the same day?
About the ONLY thing the SN was used for was to determine the date of manufacture(You CAN relate to that) it made sense to just put the actual date on it. Also the use of a 'rubber' stamp is much cheaper than a metal stamping. It also eliminates the ability of outside folks determining your rate of production(something else you CAN relate to).:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange