Jigsaw Blades?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Lodgepole
Gold Member

Jigsaw Blades?

Post by Lodgepole »

I really enjoy my older Shopsmith Jigsaw. The more I use it the more I appreciate it.

I have found myself using the coarse blades quite often. Besides ebay, does anyone know of anysources where I can find these blades?

Thanks in advance for any information.
nutball
Gold Member

Post by nutball »

Do a search for "jigsaw blades" and you will get a few threads discussing this issue. I know there is one thread that cites a specific source.
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

Lodgepole, you cannot beat Olson blades for the money. I use the 5 inch plain end (no pin) in both my SS jig saw and my Delta scroll saw. http://www.olsonsaw.com/

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7
2002 50th anniversary model 520
and a few other woodworking tools.
dan1999
Gold Member

Blades

Post by dan1999 »

You are going to love this one.

What I do is use 1/4 bandsaw blade that has broken while in use, cut them to 5" and I then have a whole mess of blades ready to use. You can also use 1/8 inch blades also, and guess what they don't necessarily have to come from shopsmith any blade will do.

Dan
Mark V 520,Mark V 510(2),Mark V 500(2) Dust Collector(2), Jointer(2), bandsaw(2), jigsaw, beltsander, biscuit joiner(2) Lathe Duplicator, RingMaster, Pro planer