Anyone have a website where they sell stuff

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

eldyfig
Gold Member

Post by eldyfig »

I did a search on free web hosting and one of the top suggestions for free hosting with out ads was x10 hosting. I set up an account through there. My regular page is not set up yet. I have been working on my web store page, where I am selling gaming accessories. Here is the link: hhtp://CoolCustomz.cc.cc

I still have quite a bit of work to do to the site. As far as finding the site, I can start off by putting it in my signature for emails and on forums. I do alot of computer repair on the side. All of that has been by word of mouth. I will go with that avenue, through all my previous customers, to get some word out about my site. I have been selling these items already through Craigslist and Amazon. I have sold quick on Amazon and will continue. I just have aspirations to have a web store. Are web stores free on ebay? I sold a few thousand dollars worth of woodworking stuff on ebay back in 2004. Never set up a store though.
Tony
Folkston, GA
Cool Customz
eldyfig
Gold Member

Post by eldyfig »

I did a search on free web hosting and one of the top suggestions for free hosting with out ads was x10 hosting. I set up an account through there. My regular page is not set up yet. I have been working on my web store page, where I am selling gaming accessories. Here is the link: http://CoolCustomz.cc.cc

I still have quite a bit of work to do to the site. As far as finding the site, I can start off by putting it in my signature for emails and on forums. I do alot of computer repair on the side. All of that has been by word of mouth. I will go with that avenue, through all my previous customers, to get some word out about my site. I have been selling these items already through Craigslist and Amazon. I have sold quick on Amazon and will continue. I just have aspirations to have a web store. Are web stores free on ebay? I sold a few thousand dollars worth of woodworking stuff on ebay back in 2004. Never set up a store though.
Tony
Folkston, GA
Cool Customz
bucksaw
Gold Member

Post by bucksaw »

eBay stores are not free. eBay takes 10-12% off the selling price and charge a small listing fee. It's difficult to make money on eBay because as soon as you start moving any volume competitors will jump in and your profit margin goes away. I've sold a few thousand dollars worth of stuff on eBay and it has happened to me every time.
Dave - Idaho
Greenie S#261612 - Mar 1954 / Greenie S#305336 - Oct 1955 / Gray S#SS1360 - ?

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?" :cool:
dlbristol
Platinum Member

Post by dlbristol »

joedw00 wrote:If the computer was to crash then all would be lost:eek: . That could happen to the web site too, but not likely, just a place to put all in one place. I can put a search button on it to make it easy to find a certain one.
If you are looking at a way to back up the content, there are lots of places on the net that do that for a very small fee. Carbonite comes to mind, but there are others. These are automatic back ups and if you crash, everything is available to put back on your machine. These programs are available for almost any thing you do,on line or not.
Saw dust heals many wounds. RLTW
Dave
eldyfig
Gold Member

Post by eldyfig »

If anyone would like to see what I have so far, here it is:

http://www.coolcustomz.x10hosting.com/
Tony
Folkston, GA
Cool Customz
osx-addict
Gold Member

Post by osx-addict »

dlbristol wrote:If you are looking at a way to back up the content, there are lots of places on the net that do that for a very small fee. Carbonite comes to mind, but there are others. These are automatic back ups and if you crash, everything is available to put back on your machine. These programs are available for almost any thing you do,on line or not.
In terms of 'recipe' sites, I believe you can do this with RecipeZaar for free I think.. It's a pretty decent site for that sort of thing..

Sorry for getting a bit OT Tony!
Rick
S/W of Los Angeles, CA
1983 Mark V model 510 (SN#140061)
navycop
Gold Member

Post by navycop »

eldyfig wrote:If anyone would like to see what I have so far, here it is:

http://www.coolcustomz.x10hosting.com/
How does that work? Do you buy the items at wholesale the offer them at retail? Or are these items you have laying around are just trying to sell them? I am just curious because my boy has alot of PS ganes and he got an XBOX360. Plus I have an old Atari 2700. And I have had no luck w/eaby or graigs list. Also at work we also have what is called a barter board..
Mark V 520, Ryobi 12" mitersaw, Delta 10" tablesaw, DC 3300.
Mike
colday
Gold Member

Post by colday »

I have one going now putting my wife's recipes on it for fast finding, boy she sure has a lot. I put a logon so she is the only one that can access it.
I use DropBox for accessing data that I want to stay synced between computers. As far as the computers are concerned it is simply a local folder. It is very secure & free up to a certain point.

getdropbox.com

I am NOT associated with them at all, I don't even have a paid account.
Steve
2004 50ᵗʰ Anniversary Mark V 520
eldyfig
Gold Member

Post by eldyfig »

navycop wrote:How does that work? Do you buy the items at wholesale the offer them at retail? Or are these items you have laying around are just trying to sell them? I am just curious because my boy has alot of PS ganes and he got an XBOX360. Plus I have an old Atari 2700. And I have had no luck w/eaby or graigs list. Also at work we also have what is called a barter board..
Yes. I do have a wholesale supplier that I started off buying from for family and friends. I had extra that I posted on craigslist and they sold out. I ordered more and posted some on Amazon and they sold really quick. Right now, I have people waiting for items. I just started the Cool Customz site and I have more to put on there. I have a big order from my supplier coming in this week.

I have seen people on craigslist looking for classic gaming systems. I sold an old Intellivision console and 20 games thru CL last year. And the good thing about Amazon, you don't pay for whatever you put on there unless you sell it, then Amazon takes their portion out of your sale. Find an ad on Amazon that is an exact match to what you want to sell. Over on the right side of the screen you will see something that says 'Have one to sell?' Click the button next to that to place your ad.
Tony
Folkston, GA
Cool Customz
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Thanks for the suggestions :) , RecipeZaar wants $24.95 a year for personal, and DropBox is free for 2GB.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless