New Yankee workshop ends

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cincinnati
Platinum Member

New Yankee workshop ends

Post by cincinnati »

beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Well they could start at year one and show em again. :)
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

Oh well, all good things come to end. When I saw Norm starting to use old/repeat episodes to create season 21, I thought it might be coming to an end.

The guy is probably busy enough with "This Old House" anyway.

Maybe it's time for someone new to start a new type of woodworking show, without trying to copy what Norm has already done.

Also, I wouldnt say he quit, probably more like partial retirement since he is going to stay on TOH.
Sawdust & Shavings,
Woodburner:o
navycop
Gold Member

Post by navycop »

woodburner wrote:Maybe it's time for someone new to start a new type of woodworking show, without trying to copy what Norm has already done.
I nominate Dusty for the job!!!;)
Mark V 520, Ryobi 12" mitersaw, Delta 10" tablesaw, DC 3300.
Mike
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

[quote="navycop"]I nominate Dusty for the job!!!]

I'd take the job if they would offer it to me but there is one hitch. They would have to film here in the desert southwest. I've been in Boston in the winter time and it ain't happenin' agin. Well, maybe. If I could keep all the tools.;)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
recurvearcher
Gold Member

Post by recurvearcher »

Nothing against Dusty:) ,but I seam to remember a fellow named Nick doing some fairly nice work on camera. Perfect time to roll out the new headstock?
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

recurvearcher wrote:Nothing against Dusty:) ,but I seam to remember a fellow named Nick doing some fairly nice work on camera. Perfect time to roll out the new headstock?

OKAY. I'll just cancel the moving van.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
mikelst
Gold Member

Post by mikelst »

Sounds like everyone thanks Norm wanted it to end. I don't see that in the write up though.
Mike......... Rowlett, Texas, near Dallas
86 MK V 500/520. 59 MK 5 Greenie Shorty. SS Jointer, SS Planer,
SS Bandsaw, SS Lathe duplicator, SS Belt Sander,SS Molder & Shaper,
SS Tenon master jig, SS Mortising kit, SS 2 1/4' Drum Sanders, Ringmaster, DC3300....
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

I for one have certainly enjoyed Norms run and learned a lot from him over the years. 21 years is a pretty good run...
He will be missed by a lot of viewers.
I wonder how many of the tools he has used in the last year didn't even exit when he started?
I also enjoy Roy Underhill, Scott Philips and the Rosenthals. I like a diverse range of woodworking. Norm did a good job of casting a wide net.
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
regnar
Gold Member

Post by regnar »

No one can replace Norm but if you guys want try and replace the void I like Marc J. Spagnuolo. He runs and puts up videos on Woodwhisperer.com

Here is a quick link to the shows http://thewoodwhisperer.com/category/video/all-videos/
"Sua Sponte"