another newbee

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

malinore
Bronze Member

another newbee

Post by malinore »

I was just given a Mark V. Had one several years ago, but this one is in better shape. Does need a new belt. Had several attachements, some pretty rusty. I am happy that there is this forum so that I can refresh myself on the uses of these great machines. Guess I will go exploring and read the posts.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

malinore wrote:I was just given a Mark V. Had one several years ago, but this one is in better shape. Does need a new belt. Had several attachements, some pretty rusty. I am happy that there is this forum so that I can refresh myself on the uses of these great machines. Guess I will go exploring and read the posts.
WELCOME! Where ARE you? Put yer 20 in yer profile!

This may be of interest! http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/Sawdust_Sessions.htm
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Welcome to the forum Malinore. LOTS of info and help here, so sit back and enjoy.

Now don't listen to MickyD, when he wants ya to put your location on the google map. He'll hunt ya down and make ya shine up your Mark V, like he did his here.

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=3078
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

malinore wrote:I was just given a Mark V. Had one several years ago, but this one is in better shape. Does need a new belt. Had several attachements, some pretty rusty. I am happy that there is this forum so that I can refresh myself on the uses of these great machines. Guess I will go exploring and read the posts.
Welcome to forum malinore. Your fortunate to have been given a Mark V. Congrats. Glad you found us. Any questions, please ask. Guaranteed 2 hour max response time....you'll see. Best tech support forum of the web.

p.s. Don't listen to member "beeg" when he talks about google maps. He's been rambling on about that website since he first found out about it a few months ago. Do however make sure that you update your user profile to indicate your location. You only get 10 posts and the computer will freeze you out.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

Welcome malinore glad you joined our little group.

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7
2002 50th anniversary model 520
and a few other woodworking tools.
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

mickyd could you post the direct link to the google map? I cannot seem to locate it any more.

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7
2002 50th anniversary model 520
and a few other woodworking tools.
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Malinore
Welcome to the Forum, the Google Map they are talking about is http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 810547&z=4 It is pretty neat to be able to see where folks are from. For more info check out this thread http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthr ... google+map # 14 will tell you how to insert your name.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Hey another new member who is posting, that is great! Welcome to the forum.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
navycop
Gold Member

Post by navycop »

Welcome to the world of SS users.. You might want to also check out cowboyplus thread on "sawdust and blackboard session index". It kind of goes along with the post by JPG40504. If you want to find something on cowboyplus site-you just have to type it in and the search is done for you.
Mark V 520, Ryobi 12" mitersaw, Delta 10" tablesaw, DC 3300.
Mike
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

navycop wrote:Welcome to the world of SS users.. You might want to also check out cowboyplus thread on "sawdust and blackboard session index". It kind of goes along with the post by JPG40504. If you want to find something on cowboyplus site-you just have to type it in and the search is done for you.
If you make it back here malinore, here it is. http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=3575
Mike
Sunny San Diego