We are getting closer and closer

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

We are getting closer and closer

Post by reible »

To what you ask?

Well to have the bragging rights to the largest group of shopsmith users.

The yahoo sight has been the largest and has been around for a lot of years but now things are getting close. The latest numbers as a just a short time ago was this forum 5065 members and the yahoo group 5123.

Any bets on when we over take them?

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

reible wrote:To what you ask?

The yahoo sight has been the largest and has been around for a lot of years but now things are getting close. The latest numbers as a just a short time ago was this forum 5065 members and the yahoo group 5123.

Ed
I going with 21 days from today....11-13-09 at 8:46 am. I'll bet my greenie on it......NOT!!!
Mike
Sunny San Diego
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

reible wrote:To what you ask?

Ed
Too bad more of "us" are knot more active!!! I think it will be a bit longer then mickyd; I am going with "around" Christmas time. :D
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

[quote="a1gutterman"]Too bad more of "us" are knot more active!!! I think it will be a bit longer then mickyd]
Ah...but you don't know the mathematical model I used to come up with my prediction!!!
Mike
Sunny San Diego
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mickyd wrote:Ah...but you don't know the mathematical model I used to come up with my prediction!!!
Although I agree with All the above re bigger, and more active, I have difficulty with the YAHOO group due to it's TOO much activity, and the delay in your posts getting out. For those reasons, I rarely post to it!

I think your 'mathematical model' is called the SWAG method(that is a QC/QA term!:D ). Simple or Stupid, take yer pick!:eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
lv2wdwrk
Gold Member

Post by lv2wdwrk »

JPG40504 wrote: I think your 'mathematical model' is called the SWAG method(that is a QC/QA term!:D ). Simple or Stupid, take yer pick!:eek:
I was always told it was Scientific.
Bob

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense!
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

one of the not so active crowd

Post by kd6vpe »

Well,
I am one of the not so active ones here. I do lurk alot though. I keep learning more and more from this forum. I have not been able to contribute much as I am still trying to get my new show together, and I have really not produced anything in quite a while. Now with winter knocking on the door it may be still more time. I do hope to have all of my walls insulated and covered by the end of next month. At that point I can start getting stuff off the floor and on the wall so I can see what I have and have better access.
:eek:
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
iclark
Platinum Member

Post by iclark »

lv2wdwrk wrote:I was always told it was Scientific.
probably by people that have bull shit, more shit, and/or piled higher and deeper (aka piled hip deep) degrees.;)
Mark V (84) w/ jigsaw, belt sander, strip sander
ER10 awaiting restoration
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

[quote="iclark"]probably by people that have bull shit, more shit, and/or piled higher and deeper (aka piled hip deep) degrees.]

I did not know there was a degree for hipness no matter how deep it is piled!.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

JPG40504 wrote:Although I agree with ....

I think your 'mathematical model' is called the SWAG method(that is a QC/QA term!:D ). Simple or Stupid, take yer pick!:eek:
I assure you it wasn't a SWAG. I can't tell you my method....yet. I will however make you eat crow on 11-13-09. (You can consider the crow an early birthday present.)
Mike
Sunny San Diego