yet another storage idea

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

JPG40504 wrote:Very nice! Interesting lathe duplicator storage.

Whatcha got hidden the the upper drawers????
More stuff...
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

SDSSmith wrote:More stuff...
LOL!!!!!!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

You know it is too bad we can't some how collect all of these ideas or at least the pictures all in one place. I know several of us have posted ideas but they just seem to fade away.

Anyone feel the same way?

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

SDSSmith wrote:Here is my version:
Thanks for taking the time to get the shots! It is always good to see what other have thought of and actually built for there shop.

One thing I've learned is there is always something else to store with a shopsmith, weather it be a new acquisition or a jig you build. Yea you might fit a shopsmith in the area of a bike but all the extras takes up the space of a bus!

When I looked at the picture right under the label:
Saw blades, arbors, centers, sanders and stuff:
I see you have a tub of stuff... is that left overs that don't have a place yet or just temporary storage waiting to be put away? I know in my shop I have a larger tub like that with things I don't know what to do with but don't want to loose by packing it in a box somewhere.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

reible wrote:You know it is too bad we can't some how collect all of these ideas or at least the pictures all in one place. I know several of us have posted ideas but they just seem to fade away.

Anyone feel the same way?

Ed

I've got a novel suggestion. Maybe we could ALL use meaningful titles on our postings and put those postings into the pre-established categories that the forum offers. You know:

Beginning Woodworking

General Woodworking

Woodworking Tool Review

Maintenance and Repair

Community

This last category might be the only one with any traffic to speak of but at least you would know where to go search.

If your title doesn't fit into one of these categories, well,.........there just might be some hidden meaning there.

BTW Rob, I really like your storage facility. If I had something like that, it would increase my wood working time significantly because I would spend much less time looking for something....IF I ever became disciplined enough to put every thing back where it belongs.

Ed Reible, your place looks to be well organized too....in your own way. You just need the rest of the house to spread out it.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

reible wrote: When I looked at the picture right under the label:
Saw blades, arbors, centers, sanders and stuff:
I see you have a tub of stuff... is that left overs that don't have a place yet or just temporary storage waiting to be put away? I know in my shop I have a larger tub like that with things I don't know what to do with but don't want to loose by packing it in a box somewhere.

Ed

That little tub of stuff is surplus items that I plan to dispose of. But like you, I have a number of locations with piles of things I don't know what to do with. I have been slowly disposing of items that I have held for a while, not used and are taking up space. It is not easy letting go of some of them, but I figure someone else has a greater need than I do.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

reible wrote: . . .

Ed
That is probably 'stuff' he is about to peddle!:rolleyes:

Looks like Rob was quicker on the draw - I was getting an old doughnut out of the toaster between starting and sending this post!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
lv2wdwrk
Gold Member

Post by lv2wdwrk »

SDSSmith wrote:
That little tub of stuff is surplus items that I plan to dispose of. But like you, I have a number of locations with piles of things I don't know what to do with. I have been slowly disposing of items that I have held for a while, not used and are taking up space. It is not easy letting go of some of them, but I figure someone else has a greater need than I do.
Rob, I sent you a PM.
Bob

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense!
horologist
Gold Member

Post by horologist »

Hey guys, don't complain at least you have shops. I have a laundry room.:D

[ATTACH]6472[/ATTACH]

Chip is defending my Shopsmith from a moth.

Actually I can't complain, as I do have a nice clock shop and working in the carport has advantages. In a pinch I do know someone with well equipped shops in Gainesville and the UP...

I did consider the Shopsmith cabinets when they went on clearance but by the time I decided to make the purchase they were all gone.

SDS I like the design of your cabinet, especially the storage in the doors. That Shopsmith looks too nice to be converted into a rolling tool rack though!
Attachments
IMG_4716r.JPG
IMG_4716r.JPG (269.33 KiB) Viewed 4208 times
The best equipped laundry room in the neighborhood...
dgreen810
Gold Member

Re: yet another storage idea

Post by dgreen810 »

I don't mean to try and steal this thread but would like an answer to a dilemma. I ran across an article "The Under-the-Mark V" cabinet by T.J. Parks, and thought it looked like a good solution to getting rid of some clutter. I purchased the material and made some changes importing some of my own ideas and made the unit.
Now the problem, since I have severe medical problems and can't lift, can someone who has built a unit using Mr. Parks design, tell how in the hell do you get the unit under the Shopsmith??? Do I now need to build a crane to lift the Shopsmith over the cabinet, or do I dissemble the unit and re-assemble under the SS? That would be impossible for me to do. It is fortunate that I haven't glued anything yet.
Solutions please!

Don G