buying a used shopsmith

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bucksaw
Gold Member

Post by bucksaw »

uwrasta wrote:I'm thinking about buying a used shopsmith mark v used probably about 20 years old has scroll, band, jointer, sander, vacuum and the unit itself. I don't know much about the units and just getting into woodworking but thought for the price it would be great. I believe the guy when he says his dad used it for a couple years and it's been sitting for like 15 years. he's asking 850 for it. Just wonder what you all think and what I should look out for. also where is the serial number on these units so I can know aproximately when this was manufactured. anything else you guys/gals can think of let me know thanks
rd
Looks to me like it is a 500 model with a nice set of accessories. If everything is in running condition, I'd say it is a fair price. I'd pay that much for it and I already own 3. I'm guessing it is a late 70's or early 80's model. New SS's have the mfg date for the serial number.
Dave - Idaho
Greenie S#261612 - Mar 1954 / Greenie S#305336 - Oct 1955 / Gray S#SS1360 - ?

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?" :cool:
easterngray
Platinum Member

Post by easterngray »

If you paid that price for all that gear I am willing to bet you'd be happy. I know I would! Welcome to the fold! Alec
1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's