Anyone Do Intarsia?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ken_indiana
Silver Member

Anyone Do Intarsia?

Post by ken_indiana »

I've taken 2 classes at the Judy Gale Roberts studio in Seymour, TN. I hope to take another in the fall of 2007 after I retire.:D I've made many intarsia pieces. I also make furniture. Would like to talk to others that do intarsia.
frombergfireball
Bronze Member

Post by frombergfireball »

I really hate to expose my ignorance. What is Intarsia? I am, obviously, not a knowledable individual. I can build just about anything, but Intarsia? My ignorance is revealed.
ken_indiana
Silver Member

Post by ken_indiana »

Ken's wife here. Ken's still a working man and has gone to bed so I'll try to help. Here's the dictionary meaninging of intarsia.

1 : a mosaic usually of wood fitted into a support; also : the art or process of making such a mosaic

If you go to http://www.intarsia.com you'll see some intarsia pieces.
Bill-Co
Bronze Member

Intarsia

Post by Bill-Co »

I am just trying to learn intarsia. I am hopeing to attend a Judy Gale Roberts class in the near future. I noticed that the beginning classes ar full this year, but I will try later. If you have any information on other classes let me know. Thanks:)
ken_indiana
Silver Member

Post by ken_indiana »

Have you contacted Judy's studio to see if they'll put you on a list in case someone cancels? You can e-mail them at jerry@intarsia.com or call them at 800-316-9010.

I don't know of anyone else offerring intarsia classes. Sorry
jcraigie
Platinum Member

Post by jcraigie »

Go away spammer :mad:
1984 Mark V 500 and an early 1954 greenie. jointer, belt sander, bandsaw, jigsaw, planner.

Jeff