Ingenius routing machine

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mickyd
Platinum Member

Ingenius routing machine

Post by mickyd »

This kid is a genius. Check out his videos demonstrating his invention toward the bottom of this page.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

mickyd wrote:This kid is a genius. Check out his videos demonstrating his invention toward the bottom of this page.
You say kid I thought you meant like a teen or something. He is older than me from what I can tell...then again, I guess I am a kid compared to many in the woodworking hobby.
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

damagi wrote:You say kid I thought you meant like a teen or something. He is older than me from what I can tell...then again, I guess I am a kid compared to many in the woodworking hobby.
To me, anyone under the age of 30 is (respectfully) still just a 'kid'. I learned a lot more about life after turning 30. That's when I really grew up. Once you hit 50, you'll see what I mean.:)
Mike
Sunny San Diego
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mickyd wrote:To me, anyone under the age of 30 is (respectfully) still just a 'kid'. I learned a lot more about life after turning 30. That's when I really grew up. Once you hit 50, you'll see what I mean.:)
I must be slow! I be still learning!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

WOW, this guy is good!
mickyd wrote:This kid is a genius. Check out his videos demonstrating his invention toward the bottom of this page.
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

mickyd wrote:To me, anyone under the age of 30 is (respectfully) still just a 'kid'. I learned a lot more about life after turning 30. That's when I really grew up. Once you hit 50, you'll see what I mean.:)
I guess I am still a kid for a few more months then =)

as far as the woodgears stuff - that guy's site is awesome.
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
rlkeeney
Platinum Member

Post by rlkeeney »

I have been following the Woodgears web site since I found it when researching some bandsaw stuff. It's a great site and his RSS feed is a must read for me. Highly recommended reading.
ddvann79
Gold Member

Post by ddvann79 »

Matthias is the inspiration that really got me back into wood working. He has designed a jig or machine for anything he wants to reproduce. I wish I had his dad's shop and mill.
Dalton
Fort Worth, Texas
1962 MK 5 #373733 Goldie
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

This "kid" is certainly a wood worker with a mechanical engineering background and a fantastic sense of marketing. He is likely to become a "Bill Gates" to the woodworking world.

We'll see these concepts all put together one day and for sale at a wood craft show.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

I am just a kid and only this year decided what I want to do when I grow up... (unless I change my mind) :D
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill