wood supply house closing!

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

brick1
Gold Member

wood supply house closing!

Post by brick1 »

i just want to pass on that if there is anyone in the Brevard, Voulsia, Orange, Seminole, Florida area, the Chipmunk Hardwood business is closing. tomorrow is the last day and he has a lot of power tools and LOTS of wood left! its mostly a "make an offer" and we'll negoiate thing. i bought a slab of spalted maple and some mohagony and walnut today for about half price.....he is in Edgewater, just a couple of miles below New Symrna. MAPQUEST and a search engine should get you there.....

i just found out today or there would have been more lead time!

take care, bill

Brick1
Titusville, Florida
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Oh swell and me with a Saturday full of Honey do's :(
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
kalynzoo
Platinum Member

Post by kalynzoo »

At the price of wood locally, it would almost be worth flying out. But alas, big party planned for the family.
Gary Kalyn
Kalynzoo Productions
Woodworking
Porter Ranch/Northridge
Los Angeles, CA
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

That is sad for woodworkers. Where do you go after your wood supply store closes?

I'm very lucky here in that I have an wonderful wood supply store. He is a combination custom woodworking shop that does incredible work, and also a full service supplier of any available domestic or imported wood we could want. Not everywhere in the US is as lucky as I am.
I live in a small town of 60k population and hardly anybody in the surrounding area and yet I have this wonderful wood supply in a part of the country with no native hardwood available.
For anybody in the area that is interested, check out Roughrider Hardwoods in Bismarck, ND.
wood&glass
Bronze Member

Post by wood&glass »

just found out the shop in Fort myers closed yesterday!! No notice or warnings.....