Stand alone router table

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ldh
Gold Member

Post by ldh »

Dusty,
Just the wonders of photography, small looks big and big looks small. My shop is too small and a mess like most woodworkers. I have been turning pens and goblets with my SS so I will do my best to set it up for box joints today and take a pic of the jig.
ldh
ldh
Gold Member

SS Box Joints

Post by ldh »

Dusty,
Perhaps a little out of tune in that this thread was on router tables and I got into box joints, anyway this another method that I use with my Mark V. It is a simple jig, but by using feeler gauges I can dial it in very quickly. The one in the pics is a 1/2" jig.

The box joints in the little boxes were cut with the router sled.

If there are any questions give me a ping.
ldh
Attachments
Copy of DSCN1190.JPG
Copy of DSCN1190.JPG (50.82 KiB) Viewed 7841 times
Copy of DSCN1191.JPG
Copy of DSCN1191.JPG (61.16 KiB) Viewed 7818 times
Copy of DSCN1193.JPG
Copy of DSCN1193.JPG (48.88 KiB) Viewed 7821 times
Copy of DSCN1195.JPG
Copy of DSCN1195.JPG (43.55 KiB) Viewed 7819 times
Copy of DSCN1196.JPG
Copy of DSCN1196.JPG (53.66 KiB) Viewed 7820 times
Greenvilleguy
Gold Member

Post by Greenvilleguy »

Wow! Turning pens and goblets -- that's really a strange combo. To me, pens are the easiest turning project there is, while goblets require hollowing end grain -- which I find very difficult to do well. They also require delicate work on the stem. (I cheat and turn a jam chuck to fit the tail stock live center and the inside of the goblet. This way, I have both ends supported.)
Doug
Greenville, SC
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Hi idh! No questions, but did want to comment! Nice jig, nice boxes, nice job! and nice photos! Ain't woodworking fun? Keep posting photos, we are hungry for them! I'm rather jealous of the good looking jig. Makes mine look like "Slap togethers" (which I guess they are!).
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
ldh
Gold Member

Post by ldh »

Chuck,
There are good ideas in most every jig and I just try to put as many of those good ideas that I see into my jigs. I have a couple of sharpening jigs that work fairly well with bench and lathe chisels. It would be nice if folks would post pics of their jigs and fixtures for the SS. I am always looking for an easier or more accurate mouse trap. I have one of the old OPRs and that makes jig construction a bit easier. I will get the pics posted.
ldh