JUst got a new ER need to know some information

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

If you want a original get with me through a PM and if you pay the freight I will send you one. I have several in the parts bin and I will not be using them. I mounted one of mine as a perminate drill press and will not be using the one for it at all. These are really fun to rebuild and too bad the 4E mount is broken. I know where there is a 4E around here the guy is trying to sell. Looks in pretty good shape.
Good luck
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
ddvann79
Gold Member

Restoration Gallery

Post by ddvann79 »

There are several 10ER restorations in this thread that you probably want to see.
Dalton
Fort Worth, Texas
1962 MK 5 #373733 Goldie
Shop_Smith_Poppi
Gold Member

Post by Shop_Smith_Poppi »

ddvann79 wrote:There are several 10ER restorations in this thread that you probably want to see.
Thanks I have read them all already that is why I am getting so excited about this project. I plan on using this site as a tutorial of sorts and maybe add my own story as well.
"Jerry! how many times do I have to tell you! Lick that knife before you put it back in the butter!" ..... Jerry Clower's Mother.
Shop_Smith_Poppi
Gold Member

Post by Shop_Smith_Poppi »

wlhayesmfs wrote:If you want a original get with me through a PM and if you pay the freight I will send you one. I have several in the parts bin and I will not be using them. I mounted one of mine as a perminate drill press and will not be using the one for it at all. These are really fun to rebuild and too bad the 4E mount is broken. I know where there is a 4E around here the guy is trying to sell. Looks in pretty good shape.
Good luck
Message sent and TY!
"Jerry! how many times do I have to tell you! Lick that knife before you put it back in the butter!" ..... Jerry Clower's Mother.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Take good care of the 4 flange Motor pulley! They be quite scarce!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

JPG40504 wrote:Take good care of the 4 flange Motor pulley! They be quite scarce!
If it is the pulley set that came with the 4E jointer, it is actually a three step pulley and a separate 5" pulley (to drive the jointer). The pulley set came with two different sized sleeves to adapt the pulleys to either 1/2" or 5/8" motor shafts. I believe the pulleys were bored for 3/4" shafts.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

SDSSmith wrote:If it is the pulley set that came with the 4E jointer, it is actually a three step pulley and a separate 5" pulley (to drive the jointer). The pulley set came with two different sized sleeves to adapt the pulleys to either 1/2" or 5/8" motor shafts. I believe the pulleys were bored for 3/4" shafts.
OK! Take good care of the 5" attached pulley.;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

Ok since the message system will not let me attach a picture I am posting the pictures of the original rest for you that I have if you like
Attachments
DSCF1052.JPG
DSCF1052.JPG (33.17 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
DSCF1053.JPG
DSCF1053.JPG (36.65 KiB) Viewed 1930 times
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
elvisbist
Bronze Member

10er manual

Post by elvisbist »

Here's a link to the complete 10er Manual. Hope it helps. Elvis

http://www.songofthegreatlakes.com/ss10ermanual.htm