Unstructured Thoughts - What are you thinking about now?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

BigSky wrote:It is rapidly getting to the point where nearly all posts to this forum are unstructured and unrelated to woodworking. This will also be my LAST POST to this thread.
That's OK! WE will not post 'Community' stuff on the 'Woodworking' forum(not intentionally anyway!:D).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
bigeddy
Gold Member

Adhd

Post by bigeddy »

JPG40504 wrote:Nothing wrong with 'unstructured' thoughts.

Thence is where inspirational, original, creative, stupid, impractical ideas emanate!:cool::D

Back with my former employer it was called shot gun sessions. No thinking, no pre-judging, just pure mind dump of whatever presented itself to the concious being.

Usually those triggered more practical thoughts among the others present.

Brain storming is a better description. ADHD * folks were quite good at it!:rolleyes:

* used to be called daydreaming!:eek:

FWIW If your thinking is 'structured', ya ain't never gonna get out of that bubble!

Having ADHD I have so many thoughts that it is hard to choose which one to pick. To Many adhd is a joke ... but if you have it , you know it is real. Maybe we should make fun of old people cause they can't remember stuff. We could make fun of people with cancer because they can't control what's happening to them either... and I am on the backside of 50 so I am considered old by many. We live in a very twisted world just give somefolks a break. They may be driving the ambulance someday that may be coming to save your life. Now i'm down to 1 greenie...
2 Greenies 1st one 282274 10/54 , 2nd one 293858 3/55 :D
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

bigeddy wrote:Having ADHD I have so many thoughts that it is hard to choose which one to pick. To Many adhd is a joke ... but if you have it , you know it is real. Maybe we should make fun of old people cause they can't remember stuff. We could make fun of people with cancer because they can't control what's happening to them either... and I am on the backside of 50 so I am considered old by many. We live in a very twisted world just give somefolks a break. They may be driving the ambulance someday that may be coming to save your life. Now i'm down to 1 greenie...

It was meant as a "compliment", NOT a 'put down'!:)

I do Understand the 'condition'!!!!!]did[/B] used to be considered Daydreaming.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
bigeddy
Gold Member

Post by bigeddy »

JPG40504 wrote:It was meant as a "compliment", NOT a 'put down'!:)

I do Understand the 'condition'!!!!!]did[/B] used to be considered Daydreaming.
Thank you for the clearification. I don't mean to sound mean spirited, I have to live with this affliction on a daily basis. Thanks for understanding. Woodworking , inperticular pen turning has been a great outlet for me. I have to say also that you guys have been a great support. Thanks for being here.
2 Greenies 1st one 282274 10/54 , 2nd one 293858 3/55 :D
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

bigeddy wrote:Thank you for the clearification. I don't mean to sound mean spirited, I have to live with this affliction on a daily basis. Thanks for understanding. Woodworking , inperticular pen turning has been a great outlet for me. I have to say also that you guys have been a great support. Thanks for being here.
Been there, DOing that!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

jcraigie
Platinum Member

Post by jcraigie »

I like pie, now that it's spring/summer the best is lemon crumb.
1984 Mark V 500 and an early 1954 greenie. jointer, belt sander, bandsaw, jigsaw, planner.

Jeff
spiderclimber
Gold Member

Post by spiderclimber »

ooo.. pie is good. I personally like banana cream pie, but the lemon sounds great too.

I am sad to see BigSky doesn't like to play along. Fortunately, there are 3 other sections of the forum for him to browse.

12 hours til back to the grind tomorrow :(
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Wow you folks certainly adjusted my thoughts in a hurry, for me it's Key Lime Pie. About 15 years ago we were vacationing with family at Stone Harbor New Jersey. I wondered into a bait shop and selected the items I wanted. While waiting in line I noted that virtually every customer in front of me was carrying home at least one key lime pie. After the lady in front of me declared there was no place in New Jersey that made and sold Key Lime Pie as delicious as these folks. Keven the number of family7 members who were along I purchased two. Then everyday until we left New Jersey we purchased two more. I love Key Lime Pie! fjimp
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

spiderclimber wrote:ooo.. pie is good. I personally like banana cream pie, but the lemon sounds great too.

I am sad to see BigSky doesn't like to play along. Fortunately, there are 3 other sections of the forum for him to browse.

12 hours til back to the grind tomorrow :(

Which 'section' are you not 'counting'? I believe there are 5 total!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

Hey... All this pie talk isn't fair. Due to medical things my allowed diet has to be :
Low sodium
Low cholesterol
Low fat
Low carb
and low sugar...
Makes it kind of limited... :D

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill