Don't Screw Up Your Facebook Account

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Ed in Tampa wrote:How do you find your wife in the mall? :D
That is basically my only use of the cell phone to call my wife and find out where in the mall she is and when she is ready to leave. I have considered a walkie talkie.
It would take my wife longer to hear the darned phone and then by the time she got it out of her purse she would lose interest in why she took it out. I seldom try to call her. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
randyrls
Gold Member

Post by randyrls »

fixit wrote:My method prior to having a cell phone was to stand in one place and when she ran out of money she would find ME! Never failed.:D:D

Now I send her a text message and she answers - especially quickly if it's close to lunch time.
Is that place by the ATM machine???:D
Randy S.
Commit Random Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

After reading these posts, I know of one thing: I will never, ever have a facebook account!

BPR
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

A Facebook Account is NOT a bad thing. In fact, it can be a very neat way to communicate. What you must do, though, is learn how to set up the security measures to suit you and don't post anything that you would not put on a sign board on Main Street.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
foxtrapper
Gold Member

Post by foxtrapper »

Deciding to not have or to delete a facebook account is a personal choice. The world will not end if a person has a facebook account. It's not a guarantee of being hacked, or causing loss of personal information. While not the easiest site to navigate and control, it's far from being impossible to do.

What can happen that can be quite embarassing is being tagged by others in pictures and events not of your control. Your friend who puts up a picture of a long ago frat party, and identifies you in their picture... You have no control over that.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

foxtrapper wrote:Deciding to not have or to delete a facebook account is a personal choice. The world will not end if a person has a facebook account. It's not a guarantee of being hacked, or causing loss of personal information. While not the easiest site to navigate and control, it's far from being impossible to do.

What can happen that can be quite embarassing is being tagged by others in pictures and events not of your control. Your friend who puts up a picture of a long ago frat party, and identifies you in their picture... You have no control over that.
I guess I should have said - don't post anything that you would not put on a sign board on Main Street and hope your family and friends do the same.

My family members all scare me to death. They seem to have no reservations at all about what they post on Facebook.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

dusty wrote:I guess I should have said - don't post anything that you would not put on a sign board on Main Street and hope your family and friends do the same.

My family members all scare me to death. They seem to have no reservations at all about what they post on Facebook.

And that is the biggest problem. Loose lips don't just sink ships, they can cause constant feuding and turmoil in families. :eek:
I have a few (supposedly grown up) grandchildren that I find to be an embarrassment and simply not the kind of people I care to be around. You can raise your kids but grand-kids can be harder to influence.
I should note that most of ours are fine and make me proud. It is just the frustration of a couple of bad eggs.
Then there are those that "CONSTANTLY" feel the need to shove their politics and/or religion in everybody's face and absolutely pounce on anyone that disagrees with them. They get really pissed if you un-friend them. :)

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

I opened a Facebook account some years ago. My grandchildren embarrassed with he things they said of each other and friends. Then one of them created a security issue for themselves. I removed every thing from Facebook account and haven't ever desired to return there.
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.