DC3300 leaking dust

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

br549
Platinum Member

Re: DC3300 leaking dust

Post by br549 »

I knew there was another thread about how to disassemble the DC3300 ... just took me a while to find it. There are actually two screws that are a little hard to see.
https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/main ... 19791.html
wfitzmauirce
Bronze Member

Post by wfitzmauirce »

Just the pic I needed. Thanks.
tucsonguy
Gold Member

Post by tucsonguy »

I just used window rope caulk. Cheap and easily replaced and removed (getting off the original seals was a mess). It's been running fine ever since.
Geoff Baker
1951 10ER w variable speed electronic motor with reverse
1999 520 w PowerPro
Belt sander - strip sander - bandsaw - scrollsaw - jointer - overarm router - undertable router mounted on main SS saw table - speed increaser - speed reducer - forced air HEPA filter for headstock - 19" SS powered aluminum drum sander - index wheel system - lathe table crossslide vise system
wfitzmauirce
Bronze Member

Post by wfitzmauirce »

Thanks
TFF
Gold Member

Post by TFF »

In case this helps someone, I had two occasions when the bag slipped over time from the retaining ring and spewed out dust. I adopted a new procedure which has prevented another occurrence. When I reinstall the 3300 bag, I first wipe clean the flange on the main housing and then install 1" width double side tape 360 degrees just above the lip of the flange. Put it on, then peel off outer skin. I mount the bag which overlaps and sticks to the tape. Then install the retaining ring over the flange. When I do need to replace the bag, the double side tape comes right off, no issues. I then repeat the process.