Something for the future: Order Process

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Something must be wrong because every time I order they ask me for my e-mail address where I want my confirmation sent. It has always appeared shortly after I hang up. I then get another message a day or two later telling my order has been packaged and shipped with a tracking number included.

I thought the whole process was super. Now I'm hearing that isn't the way it works for everybody??????????
Ed
Hi ed,
It works that way for my for phone orders]http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/images ... apping.gif[/IMG]
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
greitz
Gold Member

Post by greitz »

I've always ordered by phone, and as far as I can remember, no one has ever asked me where to send an email confirmation. I know Shopsmith has my email address, because I get the "email specials" notices, and I get an email when the package gets shipped. But I've never gotten any emails at all with a description of what items I ordered. Yes, that would be a nice addition to the phone ordering process.

On the other hand, Shopsmith has NEVER sent me an incorrect item, so I figure I'm way ahead of the game compared to most places I order stuff from.

Gary
charlese
Platinum Member

Good job! "SS Shipping" and FedEX

Post by charlese »

I placed an order for some of the stuff SS was clearing out. Inventory reduction)

Order placed as 11:27 PM March 30
e-mail confirmation in 5 minutes
Order shipped -April 1
Order received at my home - April 4

This is how my orders usually go. I have had two back orders (understandable) but once shipped they get here very quickly.

The recent order went from Dayton - to Kentucky - to Houston - to Palmdale, CA. Palmdale is only 5 or so miles to the south of Lancaster. Shipping has taken only 3 days since FedEX opened a new distribution center in Palmdale. It used to take 4 days when the shipments went to Somewhere in the San Fernando Valley.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

charlese wrote:I placed an order for some of the stuff SS was clearing out. Inventory reduction)

Order placed as 11:27 PM March 30
e-mail confirmation in 5 minutes
Order shipped -April 1
Order received at my home - April 4

This is how my orders usually go. I have had two back orders (understandable) but once shipped they get here very quickly.

The recent order went from Dayton - to Kentucky - to Houston - to Palmdale, CA. Palmdale is only 5 or so miles to the south of Lancaster. Shipping has taken only 3 days since FedEX opened a new distribution center in Palmdale. It used to take 4 days when the shipments went to Somewhere in the San Fernando Valley.
You are a lucky fellow, Chuck! I also placed an order on March 30 for misc. stuff; I just now checked it via the tracking system and my order shows as "Not Shipped Yet".:confused: Oh well, this has been my luck. Maybe FedUp will get it here fast....once it ships.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.