Android Tablet Problem

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

db5
Platinum Member

Re: RE: Re: Android Tablet Problem

Post by db5 »

[/quote]I will try to subdue my enthusiasm over my IPad in the future.[/quote]

No need to do that. All of us have a right (yes right) to be enthusiastic and promote our beliefs. Unless you are a protester or university that shuts down freedom of speech if it doesn't agree with their beliefs.

Don't let anyone shut you down so long as your behavior but not words are civil. Words nor the message they convey don't need to be civil; behavior does. I'm on your side with this Ed. But I won't buy an iThing. :)
beeg
Platinum Member

Re: Android Tablet Problem

Post by beeg »

This could be a hoax, based upon the older Kindles needing an update.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

reubenjames wrote:I believe you can sync / backup a lot of your settings, including the installed apps, so if you did a factory reset, and logged back in to your Google account, it would re-download and re-install the apps automatically (although you may lose the data associated with it that was downloaded to the phone itself).
Now this is really helpful. I'll wait to see if there are other suggestions and if nothing better surfaces I'll risk it. What have I got to lose? Everything on my Tablet, right? Well, then I can just go buy an iThing as Ed suggests and my troubles will be over (until I try to explain to my wife what that $600 charge on my American Depress card. :rolleyes:
roopurt5
Gold Member

Post by roopurt5 »

db5 wrote:
reubenjames wrote:I believe you can sync / backup a lot of your settings, including the installed apps, so if you did a factory reset, and logged back in to your Google account, it would re-download and re-install the apps automatically (although you may lose the data associated with it that was downloaded to the phone itself).
Now this is really helpful. I'll wait to see if there are other suggestions and if nothing better surfaces I'll risk it. What have I got to lose? Everything on my Tablet, right? Well, then I can just go buy an iThing as Ed suggests and my troubles will be over (until I try to explain to my wife what that $600 charge on my American Depress card. :rolleyes:
As long as you're running Android 4 or later, with the updated Play store, previously installed software that is compatible with your device will reinstall after a factory reset, once you've signed in with your Google account. Just make sure that auto-update over wi-fi is enabled in Play Store Settings before you reset.