Bandsaw throwing circuit

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: Bandsaw throwing circuit

Post by ERLover »

ERLover wrote:shut off the MAIN first if not comfortable working on live electrical juice.
I worked on live 480 and 4160V gloved up, also seen another get tossed 16ft by 4160V, it is great just throughs you, and 2 with melted shoes and a dime in his pocket that looked like a small rivet.
They were told the substation was off line and they did not check, Kinda like the brain/body burn in the "Green Mile" you dont want to see or smell it!!!!
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
woodmeister
Gold Member

Post by woodmeister »

Are you using an extension cord? Shop smiths don't like them and may be sucking up your needed juice??
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ERLover wrote:shut off the MAIN first if not comfortable working on live electrical juice.

Then reset all the clocks! :(
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

JPG wrote:

Then reset all the clocks! :(
For sure!! :eek:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

kalynzoo wrote:I had the good fortune, or bad luck, of having my house destroyed by the 1994 Northridge Earthquake. My home was taken down to the foundation and re-engineered in the rebuild. I worked with the contractor, so my garage/shop has a 20amp dedicated circuit for the SS and SS dust collection vacuum. I turned off the vacuum and the SS still thru the circuit. I do think I had the coupler too tight and the resistance to spin was the trigger. Anyway, I hope it was that simple. Thank you for your thoughts.
There is a simpler way other than destroying the house. I simply pulled 2 new 20 amp circuits into my shop. One runs the Shopsmith, and the second one is over the workbench for the lights and other power tools I use.