Tap tap tap... Is this thing on?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: Tap tap tap... Is this thing on?

Post by reible »

Let's see, lab work up, see eye doctor, see GP doctor, go to dentist ya that seems to cover most of my activities this month. Well that is not quite true but April is one of those months that seem to have a medical cogitation to it for me.

But I am slowly working through a bunch of small tasks and cleaning off my work bench at the same time. This time rather then boxing up the stuff on the bench to work on another time I'm actually working on the projects and cleaning the work bench that way. Slower for sure.

Outside projects are way behind, those of you who are in this ever ending winter know how that is going. To wet and cold to do much garden prep and that is going to hurt efforts of a lot of other projects. Our last freeze date is about Mother's Day but this year??? Anyway I don't think I will even bother to start seeds inside this year, just pay for them when it looks like time to plant.

I do have a bunch of woodworking projects stacked up but again the weather has not been warm enough and dry enough to get too them........ or it has been to windy.

I did get the oil and filter changed in the van and fluids checked but no attempt to get the inside cleaned up yet. Haven't got to put the new plug wires in the Cordoba yet either. I could spend a couple of weeks on just van/car projects but will maybe have to have some of the work done for me. Just not able to do things I use to do.

Now are you glad you ask???

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Tap tap tap... Is this thing on?

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote:Let's see, lab work up, see eye doctor, see GP doctor, go to dentist ya that seems to cover most of my activities this month. Well that is not quite true but April is one of those months that seem to have a medical cogitation to it for me.

But I am slowly working through a bunch of small tasks and cleaning off my work bench at the same time. This time rather then boxing up the stuff on the bench to work on another time I'm actually working on the projects and cleaning the work bench that way. Slower for sure.

Outside projects are way behind, those of you who are in this ever ending winter know how that is going. To wet and cold to do much garden prep and that is going to hurt efforts of a lot of other projects. Our last freeze date is about Mother's Day but this year??? Anyway I don't think I will even bother to start seeds inside this year, just pay for them when it looks like time to plant.

I do have a bunch of woodworking projects stacked up but again the weather has not been warm enough and dry enough to get too them........ or it has been to windy.

I did get the oil and filter changed in the van and fluids checked but no attempt to get the inside cleaned up yet. Haven't got to put the new plug wires in the Cordoba yet either. I could spend a couple of weeks on just van/car projects but will maybe have to have some of the work done for me. Just not able to do things I use to do.

Now are you glad you ask???

Ed
I am to that point also and not just for the vehicles. Last year we had a new roof installed and had the swamp cooler removed so I don't have to crawl the roof twice a year. At the same time we had a new furnace with central air installed.

I have an irrigation ditch running across my property and have been pumping free water from it for over 20 years. Pain in the a** now. I have to set up the pump in the spring and take it down in the fall, sometimes it looses it's prime etc.. Then I have to manually move the sprinklers daily to keep the yard watered. Then if you go on vacation... No more, I finally bit the bullet an paid for secondary water ($360 a year unlimited) and installed an automatic sprinkler system. I just love it.

A lot of things I used to do myself before I am just not going to to do any more. I don't need to save the money by doing it my self. I will pay someone to do it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT