Used Shopsmith 610 parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

regnar
Gold Member

Post by regnar »

Dusty, It still could be a typo and he meant 510. The only reason why I say its not is because of the degree of difficulty of finding parts. Ebay has a lot of parts for the Mark V so he knows that source. A quick google search will get him to SS for parts. In conclusion that is why I went with the jigsaw.

Also I would have never have know it was the jigsaw except I just finished reading the manual :)
"Sua Sponte"
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

But the printing on the Shopsmith box very clearly says Shopsmith 610.

Yes, skoogie might have a Mark V 510 but somebody has a jigsaw box with a 610 identification number on it (pictured in a previous post).

If I did not learn today that the jigsaw is a 610 - I did learn (again) not to assume anything.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

I must apologize too! Who'd a thought? A model 610 is the old Jigsaw!:o

Thanks regnar, for setting me straight. And no, I do knot think you are a "smart a$$"!!
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

Depending on the jigsaw part, Shopsmith might still have it. If not, I know of an Ebay seller that had some jigsaw parts. Good luck.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

Hi All,

Like I said earlier I have one of the older jigsaws and it doesn't say "610" anywhere on the tool that I can find. The scan of the manual posted earlier does say otherwise though.

I have the manual also, but it was sent to me by Shopsmith after they stopped manufacturing the jigsaw, and the cover of the manual looks different. I had no idea the model number they used for it was "610".

Sorry if I caused anyone any confusion.
Sawdust & Shavings,
Woodburner:o
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

woodburner wrote:Hi All,

Like I said earlier I have one of the older jigsaws and it doesn't say "610" anywhere on the tool that I can find. The scan of the manual posted earlier does say otherwise though.

I have the manual also, but it was sent to me by Shopsmith after they stopped manufacturing the jigsaw, and the cover of the manual looks different. I had no idea the model number they used for it was "610".

Sorry if I caused anyone any confusion.

We were not confused. We read the label on the box.

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img]
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

For your viewing pleasure, this nameplate is from one of my old jigsaws.

Rob in San Diego
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

rsdiggs wrote:For your viewing pleasure, this nameplate is from one of my old jigsaws.

Hi Rob, I am knot able to view the picture. What program is it associated with?:confused:
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

Hi Tim, The picture is a link to a photo hosting website. When I look at your message and mine, the image is there. So let me know if you can see the image in this message. BTW, there is a manual for this model jigsaw on ebay (no connection to the seller).

Rob in San Diego
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Hi Rob! I'm like Tim in that I couldn't see the picture the first time - just a small square with a red X in it.

Now I can see the photo of the Magna with serial no. 83990 very clearly. In fact it is really sharp! The entire new photo and your post are enlarged to about 125%.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA