Adios!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

psf513
Gold Member

Good Luck & Best Wishes

Post by psf513 »

Let me add my shock to the growing list. I will miss the wisdom, humor, and knowledge. I too am concerned that this is the beginning of the end.

Please stay in touch!
Pete

1990 500 w/ band saw, jointer, scroll saw, dust collector, androuter table
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

I want to add my shock & dismay as well. Since the "Sawdust Sessions" came on it has been a tremendous teaching aide to me and I have thoroughly enjoyed each session and also will add that I too have made some purchases from SS because of these sessions. Also feel real down with the TA's being canceled, as I was looking forward to the Nashville, TN gathering in Nov. Best to all of you effected by this latest situation and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Awww Jeez

Post by kd6vpe »

Not you guys. Come on shopsmith. This is a real blow. Nick and Drew you will be missed. Please try to stay in touch. I sure hope when thing turn around SS decides to bring the Sawdust Sessions back up.
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Nick, Drew, and all,

We will miss you... we hope you're not gone for long!

I've put several $$$$'s into my Shopsmith equipment, and I have recently ordered more, and I intend to keep it up a good long time. It is the least I can do; I owe you a huge debt of gratitude for an extremely fulfilling hobby.
Chris
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

With all the negative stuff going on in our economy it's truly sad that this particular uplifting aspect of our lives is disappearing. I pray that Shopsmith, Nick and Drew as well as all of the participants here will find was to stay in touch and fare well in the future. Fjimp:mad:
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
scooters
Gold Member

Post by scooters »

Ouch!- I just got word that the Austin classes were cancelled.
I can see them cancelling the travelling roadshow under these circumstances. However, I can't see the Sawdust Sessions.

When you are "on the road" there is a lot of overhead to reach a few customers/potential customers. However, the sawdust sessions are the one and only way that Shopsmith has to reach hundreds of woodworkers with relatively little expense. Each time I watch a session, I become more interestend unsing my Shopsmith and buying another gadget or two.

I don't know how Shopsmith can sell a product without getting it before potential buyers. (((Shopsmith are you listening??)))

It sure sounds like times are tougher than expected.

Most of all, I wish all of you well. I know that with your talents, you won't have time finding a better place to land!!
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

Like others I feel horrible. Nick and Drew are the face of Shopsmith for all of us. THEY ARE SHOPSMITH to the customer. Myself got interested in Shopsmith again with this forum and the video's. I would have never purchased the belt sander last spring if not for Nick and everyones advice.
I do hope this is not the start of the end. Lets hope they are using Nick in other areas and just not let go. I do understand a company has to do whats necessary to keep going but this is like cutting off the company to the world.

GOOD LUCK!
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

I am speechless. I hope that SS survives. I hope that Nick et al find work doing what they like best. I hope that they may return, too. I hope that SS gives us warning if they are going to shut their doors.:(
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

Wow. That's all folks. Good luck Nick and Drew!
jb41339
Gold Member

Post by jb41339 »

You guys will be missed! I hardly know what to say, except that all Shopsmith's woodworking educational tips and insights for using our beloved Shopsmith Mark V products has taken a step backwards! A sign of the times I guess, but, why does this have to happen to such a great American company, such as Shopsmith. May God Bless you guys.