Hands On!

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Would You Subscribe to a new "Hands On!" Magazine?

No. I would have no interest in a Shopsmith specific magazine
19%
16%
55%
9%
1%

Total votes: 77

wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Yes it did. At about 35 RPM too.
Bill V
moose
Gold Member

Post by moose »

What has all this to do with the intent of the survey. Haven't you guys enough respect to each other as well as polycarp to stay on subject and respect HIS survey. This forum, it's participants and the country has certainly gone south lately.
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

I guess I am better off just not voting. :rolleyes: I may be just having a bad day or my shoe laces may be too loose or something. I kept looking at the choices but could only shrug. :confused: Then I couldn't find "shrug" on the list. :o :D
A few years back I was always happy to get anything Shopsmith in my mailbox but I have so much information overload these days that I find myself ignoring a lot of stuff I do get. Years ago I was really starved for Shopsmith information.
Some of it may be my level of hobby activities. A lot of guys have a hobby or two, I have about a dozen and while some may overlap like my woodshop and my sawmill or my vintage farm tractors and my 2 wheel garden tractors both of which involve my farm shop. Others like my horses or gardening or genealogy or some others have little to do with each other.
I can build from plans but I rarely do so plans don't mean anything to me. The mechanics of the SS's is a really important subject but is well covered here or at other places on the web. I already get emails from SS on new stuff.
I guess I am leaning toward no but... :o

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
idcook
Gold Member

Post by idcook »

ashbury wrote:What has all this to do with the intent of the survey. Haven't you guys enough respect to each other as well as polycarp to stay on subject and respect HIS survey. This forum, it's participants and the country has certainly gone south lately.

However, the good news is that there’s no shortage of schoolmarms. :rolleyes: